WoW not detecting video card after last update

Prior to the most recent update, I had been able to play Wow fine. I have an older machine and older video card, but that hasn’t been an issue. After the last mini-update, WoW is not detecting the GeForce GT 750 I have. It only sees the onboard Intel graphics.

I have downloaded and installed new drivers, and ran a scan/repair for WoW, and it hasn’t made any change. The video card does work, as the monitor is plugged directly into it.

I have not yet reseated the video card, as this was working perfectly fine until the update. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have reseated the card and it does not seem to have changed anything. Under the advanced options of system, it only shows auto detect and the Intel onboard video for the card.

3 Likes

Getting same problem. I’ve remembered having the message for months, but was able to run it on my high settings as per usual, but now of days it forces my resolution and graphics settings way down and has a hard time running. My graphics card is supported from what I have seen on their list, but still can’t fix it.

Any help resolving this would be great.

1 Like

Try downloading the driver released before the current, I think it would be as of Dec 3, 417.22 . Your may want to clean the old driver out before installing this one with DDU.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Hello gang!

In addition to the clean driver reinstallation option that Feliciti mentioned, if you have an integrated graphics chip plus a standalone graphics card, let’s check your PC power management as well. If you’re on a Low or Balanced profile, it may throttle usage of the more powerful card to save energy (this is more a concern for laptops running off battery power than a desktop or when plugged into the outlet).

Configuring Power Management Settings

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem since i updated my game last night. When I open wow my screen starts flickering like crazy. I go to settings / advanced and it shows that there is no graphics card, only the onboard graphics.
Prior to this update wow would run perfectly fine. I am running a GTX 690 sli.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I am thinking its a WOW issue and not actually anything changed on my PC.
Definately not an issue with my PC or GPU as I can play all other games fine. Was literally playing PUBG after I gave up trying to fix wow.

Can you guys please have a look to see if Nvidea sli cards are still supported or something? Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion! I checked the power options, it is currently set to high performance.

The error I was getting is: “Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Application Wow.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.”

I was getting this every time I opened two WoW windows at the same time. It started after 8.0.1 and now 8.1. I don’t know why but my “Disable Fullscreen Optimization” keeps getting reset. Maybe this will help you if updating drivers or changing your power settings don’t work (didn’t work for me.)

Step 1.) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft or whatever your folder is.
Step 2.) Right click World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
Step 3.) Go to Properties then Compatibility tab.
Step 4.) Check “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”
Step 5.) Open your retail folder
Step 6.) Right click Wow.exe
Step 7.) Go to Properties then Compatibility tab.
Step 8.) Check “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Darkchef - Hardware not Detected