WoW NEEDS to go F2P

playing an hour ago

24-hour peak

all-time peak

This is currently Lost Ark’s playerbase in public view at 6:53 PM, May 16th 2022.

Lost Ark’s playerbase is not only bigger, but only growing day by day while WoW has been EMBARRASED of their sub count since 2013 WoD.

If WoW wants to have a chance at competing, it HAS to go F2P.

WoW is $15 monthly sub + in-game cash shop + expansions costs and it gets LESS content updates than mobile games with a fraction of their budget, absolutely PATHETIC.

• Remove Sub Fee

• Make Expanions free

It is the ONLY way WoW will be able to survive in the MMO market in 2022 because I guarantee no one is paying those fees when better games are out for free.

14 Likes

No it doesnt.,

Lost ark comparison is irrelevant, it will be New World by end of the year

28 Likes

The day it goes true F2P/P2W is the day I stop playing.

No, the WoW Token does not count as P2W.

P2W = purchasing equipment directly with your real world currency of choice. DIRECTLY.

19 Likes

Lmao Lost Ark, isnt like 70% of the playerbase just bots and hackers at this point

Easily your funniest thread yet

14 Likes

Of course a F2P game is going to have more players. Is this a surprise to you?

7 Likes

Well if WoW needs to go F2P then so does FF14.

4 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/975942251366731799/975942277094572092/Screenshot_215.png

Look how wrong you are

1 Like

Wait till you see candy crushes number of players.

3 Likes

If wow goes like lost ark…i guess i can finally delete this game off my computer. I just do not like lost arks gearing. Its what turned me away.

2 Likes

If I make everything I type in bold that makes it more important, right?

The only argument for F2P is the questionable place our monthly sub is going to when it comes to development.

5 Likes

It’s still an MMORPG with both a monthly paid structure and real-money store.

You can’t just handwave something clearly because you think it’s objectively better.

That’d be like saying just because you think Pizza Hut is superior means Little Caesars should change up.

2 Likes

Just ignore the fella. He’s a troll. He always makes threads like this and just began making them on this toon too.

5 Likes

You’re seriously underestimating the impact of the sunk cost fallacy.

Go wingdings or go broke… (now I wish this forum ACTUALLY had different fonts…)

2 Likes

OP IS BACK WITH A BANGER THREAD!!!

Let’s gooo.

3 Likes

If you want the bots to multiply exponentially, yes. Otherwise, no, it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Hi, friend!

I just read an article that states that Amazon is currently in the process of IP and VPN banning millions of Lost Ark accounts for botting.

Those numbers might be true; however, I’d say 25% of those are actual humans behind the computer screen.

You’re spare parts bud

People have been doing it since 2004. WoW has had competition the whole way and yet here we are.

“WoW Killers” slowly - or in some cases rapidly - drop off the radar.

Im confused whats your point here? let me break this math down to you:

1,324,761 all time

Okay, figuratively lets use this number for a revenues perspective:

1,324,761x14.99 = 19,858,167.39 a Month.
19,858,167.39x12 = 238,298,008.68 a Year.

So, now that we have perspective of how much Blizzard makes off of 1.3 million players based off that number you gave us, you really want them to go F2P? Do you want crappy expansions like Shadowlands? Because that’s what will happen should a F2P model get adopted.

All that money is going into development for Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, Dragonflight, the damn mobile games, you want them all to be crap? Sounds to me you need to get your priorities straight, go touch some grass.

1 Like