WoW needs to cut down the button bloat

I enjoy having a complicated rotation. Try practicing.

1 Like

I want more abilities and hundreds of different spells.

3 Likes

Yeah, my sub is running out because of it.

1 Like

Button squish aside (cause they did this once )

Imagine prot pally. So many buttons… use like 4 regularly.

More buttons=bad

1 Like

THere is no button bloat that WoW/Blizz needs to fix. It is a player created problem .
Players pick the abilities they want and even if they pick a active talent to just get to another active talent or passive they want they don’t have to use that initial active talent.

Even with premade talent trees players don’t have to use already made active abilities . Just put the ones you (general term) want to use and leave the others in the spell book .

1 Like

hey…lol…leave unholy out of this.

Last I checked new players had to go thru the process of making a NEW character and they get their abilities a few at a time.
Quit pretending that its all just dumped at once.
It isnt

2 Likes

Reroll to an easier class I guess…

EDIT: Oh wait you’re playing the easiest class already :skull:

Give us TONS of abilities and WE can sift thru them for what we want.
Jesus christ…arent there tons of websites out there showing different builds for all the specs?
I have BM hunter dumbed down to pretty much passive on anything that can be passive. Its literally brain dead easy at this point…

no one has to use EVERYTHING in their spell book.

2 Likes

I like how almost every cry session about not being able to keep up starts off blaming these phantom incompetent new players. Stop scapegoating new players and just admit it’s you feeling overwhelmed

2 Likes

Agreed. I loved classic cause my rotation was literally 3-4 buttons with a couple defensives on standby. The challenge was min maxing and boss mechanics not complex 12 button rotations

1 Like

Rank 1 frostbolt was how mages kited melee 18 years ago due. Lower ranks also had lower cast times, and haste didn’t exist back then.

An xbox controller only has eight. Add 4 and you lose it? You need classic nes back?

Can you imagine…a slow being enough to kite melee. Now you would need 14 stuns, five roots, a silence for DKs, maybe throw in a disorient or two and the melee would still have 85% uptime.

exactly what I was thinking.
I DOUBT this is about some other player.
Id BET its about the one making the complaint.
Stop trying to use EVERY spell in the book. Its not required to play the game.

2 Likes

xbox controler has more then 8 .

each thumb stick is a button so 2 there .
directional pad = 4
xyba buttons = 4
front triggers = 4

So that =14 single button abilities one can press now add in 2 button combos for abilities and it increases 3 to 4 times the amount that can be used .

UHDK has button bloat?

Lock has button bloat?

My man.

Neither of these hold a candle to lock in classic regarding buttons.

Additionally, UHDK does not have button bloat. You have a few core abilities and a handful of situational abilities. Not everything needs to feel like FDK or DH.

Yes, lock has a lot of buttons. But MOST of them are also situational.

Situational is good. It gives you options in situations.

Stop trying to homogenize things.

3 Likes

The specs where you have to time 6 things in a chain can be more than I like because I want to play the game, not watch the clock to see the precise second I need to push button X for 6 or 7 steps in a row.
Yeah, thats gotten to be a drag with a couple specs.
I dont mind a LOT of abilities, but the idea of timing out half dozen steps of an attack just doesnt appeal to me…at least anymore.
I want to be able to pay attention to the game…what Im doing in game.

Yeah…it CAN be done, but it takes away from the atmosphere of the game and what Im doing.
Give me a dozen offensives to choose from…sounds great…but dont make them all interconnected so much that I have to fire them all off in precise succession or evidently Im just going to lose interest.

Assuming you don’t take every meta option for maximum DPS…

1. Virulent Plague
  2. Festering Strike/Unholy Blight
  3. DND
  4. Build with Scourge Strike
  5. Dump with Death Coil/Epidemic

Then you have your talented CD options for rotations such as:

CDs being (6) Dark Transformation (down to 45s CD if talented), (7) Apocalypse (down to 45s CD if talented), (8) Unholy Assault (9) Army of the Dead… (10) Abomination Limb / Empowered Rune Weapon / Reaping Strike…

Okay you may be on to something.

But still, the main rotation you are doing is only 5 or so buttons. The rest are CDs which every class has some number of. If you don’t like Unholy, just play brain dead Frost. There’s options and options are good.

1 Like

You’re missing the point, kiddo.

There’s no reason to have 3 actives that do the same thing. Merge them