WOW needs more diversity

what does someones sexuality have to do with a existential threat to azeroth or reason why we travel to a new world, spoiler alert nothing its just shoehorning your values into the game to make you feel better inside.

57 Likes

I have not read any replies yet. I’m replying directly to this post before I look at any of them.

I do not paritcularly feel like we ‘need’ to push LGBTQ+ stuff into various games, etc. I do wish it was just normalized so it happened organically but I also recognize a bit of ‘forcing’ is sometimes needed to get that ball rolling.

Having not read any of the comments below, I’m gonna go ahead and say “I’m so sorry you had to read that” cause I’m sure theres some vitriolic BS below your post.

Also, I would LOVE to see some pride themed charity gear/pets. Donate to a proper cause for pride month and offer up some rainbow and if you’re feelin frisky, some other pride color themed stuff, but at the very least some rainbow action.

5 Likes

As a LGBT person myself, I was listening to you until you posted the above. Making assumptions about a persons intentions when there is no clear evidence, turns off a lot of people.

Also, it doesn’t bother me that we are not represented ingame…it’s a game…I’m more concerned how we are represented in the real world rather than a silly game. :dancer:

83 Likes

What “rampant homophobia”? I’ve never seen any homophobia in my 13 years of playing his game.

Not wanting what you do behind closed doors thrown in my face doesn’t make me “homophobic”. My mother was a lesbian. My best friend is a gay man. My son is questioning. I have many friends and family members who are part of the LBGT community.

I don’t want anyone’s sex life thrown in my face, I don’t care who they are boinking behind closed doors.

You’re seriously reaching.

77 Likes

Yeah cause we have seen his wife so many times and shes been an integral part of the story hasn’t she. its irrelevant lore that most people have forgotten about…

He’s saying, rather poorly, that it doesn’t add any gameplay–which is entirely accurate.

There are a handful of examples of lgbt characters already ingame, which is good. That being said, they shouldn’t shoehorn them in to meet some quota, rather what they should do is write meaningful characters with proper backstories and what-not that just so happen to be lgbt.

It’s no more a defining character trait than being straight is and should be handled as such. There are many characters in many games where being lgbt is their defining trait… which is silly. There’s a lot more to people than that.

In short: yes, there should be more lgbt characters added but it should be handled with tact. ESO handles it pretty well, I would agree.

5 Likes

Isn’t he like… 2 or 3? Ships with him always give me the heebeejeebees.

But that doesn’t change the fact that she’s actually IN the lore

your point? they haven’t been wasting time on developing the character because ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO DEVELOP THE GAME ITSELF

20 Likes

Because they have writers working on gameplay systems. lol

2 Likes

Would you also love to see other political views and life styles given center stage beyond those you approve of?

24 Likes

Why not? We’ve already seen several different political systems ranging from monarchy to fascism

1 Like

Damnit! :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Like it or not, medias play a big role in people’s education. If you never show or talk about a group of people it creates ignorance and it has a repercussion in real life.

5 Likes

No…

I already have to deal with enough people pushing their views down my throat in real life, I dont need it in the game as well. I keep my opinions on that subject to myself. I dont care what orientation you are, or any of that, but, NO, I dont want that crap taking over games I play as well.

44 Likes

Straight couple portrayed in game.

That’s fine with me!

LGBT couple portrayed in game

NO I DON’T WANT THAT SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT!

You’re homophobic hypocrisy is showing.

7 Likes

LoL Blizz could solve this by randomly assigning LGBT :rainbow_flag: status for all newly created characters based off some calculated percentage… boom :boom: problem solved.

“Baby you were rolled that way!”

However… determining the % out of the total LGBT :rainbow_flag: Status characters to go to each letter (LGBT) may make things even more complicated

There isn’t enough characters of Italian heritage either. I personally find this appalling and discriminating. I mean no one in Azeroth eats pasta or enjoys a slice of pizza for crying out loud.

44 Likes

They already tried that approach with Overwatch cough tracer cough

8 Likes

I agree. It’s a matter of priority. Real life is a higher priority than a video game, but you do make a good point.

2 Likes