WOW needs more diversity

I thought we had representation with Male blood elves? Guess I was wrong.

1 Like

Because I don’t see any problem ? LGBT people want to feel represented and It doesn’t negatively affect the lore or anything else. So please, tell me why not ?

None of this makes it a better question. It’s just your opinion.

I would ask is the sexual desires of characters what defines them for you? As far as negatively affecting the lore that would depend on whether or not the writers want the character to procreate or not.

As far as why not…from a practical standpoint it will mean people will leave the game and be put off. Personally i don’t care, but it definitely had an affect in OW when they did it.

Otherwise, it’s not a big deal. I would say that representation is a slippery slope…where do you stop? What is important about that representation? We aren’t watching or playing naked people here.

4 Likes

I don’t know ? I’m just asking you what is the problem if a character is openly gay ?

??

Yeah they didn’t like when they revealed that Soldier is gay lol. Maybe we should ask them ‘‘is the sexual desires of Soldier what defines him for you?’’

Exactly

1 Like

Even though the OP went about it the wrong way, the basic idea of representing various peoples and backgrounds and orientations is not really asking a lot.

A lot of people might say “who cares, it’s just a game!” but some of those people don’t realize they’ve grown up their whole lives seeing relatable figures in media.

TV, Movies and games are overflowing with straight relationships and themes.
How many stories do we have about the guy saving the girl?
The princess looking for her prince?
Awkward teen boy trying to win over the pretty girl or vice versa?

The tricky part is doing it in an organic way, rather than forcing it in for the sake of diversity. It’s harder with things that already have an established world and backstory.

Also, people asking for representation aren’t asking for explicit material, just characters who are openly acknowledged as LGBT. We have plenty of characters in straight relationships and the game makes sure we know about some of them. The whole Aggra-Go’el thing didn’t become a mean for nothing.
You also have the love triangle of Illidan, Tyrande and Malfurion.
Jaina and Arthas, Jaina and Kalecgos, Jaina and Thrall, Thrall and Taretha.

2 Likes

Of course the reality is that WoW is a subscription based game and a totally different business model then OW is, and that makes it a larger problem in WoW.

??? Gay people don’t procreate…otherwise they are bisexual. So if they want Anduin to have kids eventually it would be a pretty big barrier if he was gay now wouldn’t it?

Why would they have to ask me this? They went with a trope of a gay military guy, wasn’t shocking but it did turn the playerbase off to playing the character and also people left the game.

Nevermind you didn’t write that as to me, you wrote that as to the general population. Not sure you would get an answer you want to hear if they did that.

You did conveniently NOT answer this though.

Limitations? Or just fair game and everyone needs representation, maybe a little bestiality, perhaps some Necrophiilia?

What groups meet your definition for necessary for inclusion and what doesn’t? Inquiring minds want to know.

2 Likes

That’s such a BS way to argue against something.
Where do we stop? We stop when we’re talking about crimes and non-consenting victims.
Abusing animals, defiling corpses, abusing children, etc…
Anyone equating LGBT to any of that is just looking to stir the pot and not actual discuss things.
Should we stop representing straight white men in media since some of them commit domestic violence and a large % of serial killers fit that description???

1 Like

OP is a shining example of an issue in society.

Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create fun times.
Fun times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.

3 Likes

I don’t want a beast in the bed I want a beast in the bed. :innocent:

1 Like

Agreed :raised_hands:t2::100:

LOL

Oh the bestiality argument. I was waiting for that.

Is it? Or is it you just don’t like the truth of the argument? And at the end of the day am i arguing against something or just stating the reality of it.

OH really? So let’s say we have someone that is interested in walls…not a crime and no non-consenting victims, what is the problem? Why can’t they have representation? Self mutilation is your thing? Masochism between consenting adults? Use your imagination, your “limitations” barely scratch the surface of what would meet the definition of legal and needing consenting adults.

And here we have it folks, it’s all about the straight white men because THEY are the ONLY ones who commit domestic violence and a large % of serial killers fit that description. Racist much? Sexist much?

What do you find funny? If they are gay then they don’t copulate with the other sex. If they are then they aren’t gay now are they? You can’t have it both ways. Either they are gay or bisexual.

It’s an easy analogy and one that fits the question you STILL haven’t answered.

1 Like

I don’t think there are gay people in the wow universe. I also don’t see why you would need them or why it’s relevant at all.
In fact I wish you would shut up with your whining over stupid issues like LGBT in a freaking fantasy world. I think you need something more in your life if this is important to you and I wish you would stop asking the devs to spend time catering to your ridiculous agenda. Stop obsessing with sexuality and yourself and play the damn game.

7 Likes

I am not interested in making people angry, i don’t care if they have LGBTQ folks in the game. I still play OW and i still play Soldier, it doesn’t matter that he is gay. If i want i can just imagine he isn’t and still play the character.

At the end of the day that is all i am getting at. The imagination is far vaster then the need for “representation” because…for reasons.

Gay people don’t bother anyone, they aren’t hurting anything and it doesn’t involve me. But it IS a slippery slope as far as demanding representation whether folks like it or not.

It’s also funny to find out who thinks about what along the way. You know things like the immediate “white male bad” trope. As if that wasn’t racist or sexist. I am just waiting for someone to say toxic masculinity to give me a chuckle.

1 Like

No it dont

It doesnt matter. Its a video game not a sex game or political agenda promotion.

And so what? Go woke go broke.

Forcing this wont end well.

I hope they dont. Id like more effort being put into making a better game and elss into pleasing the woke crowd.

8 Likes

Lets have them write up some big plot holes first…then look at side projects like this.

Some greater writing things that need fixing:

What about the people who backed sylvanas. is it the cut scene and that’s it? Sad if so. lets give them some juicy story. Not even a sylvanas backer…but yeah lets expand this for those who did.

What about us militant NE’s. We want to break something. And it ain’t cycles.

Where did 2 space ships go?
with the war over can dh’s get back together and be the illidari army of BE and NE DH’s we are supposed to be. We won oh faction leader…my contract is over. have a nice day.

Mother matron malevolence…portal me out of this mess! those who watched it left to wander as I fade away…did they just give us all the finger as they portaled out.

Lets fix this writing first. then ….enter creative writing in these areas maybe.

1 Like

People still getting offended over other people existing I see. Please change, people, I know you all have it in you.

The quality of the writing ought to be good, no duh, there’s no reason to discuss it currently except as a roundabout way of saying “No.” while deflecting your real, possibly reactionary reasoning. Quality can be discussed once we have a baseline of queer characters with plot relevance greater than can be counted on one hand.

Also, if you can imagine cow people but not imagine/can’t stand queer people in a fantasy world where we travel to alternate universes and Kamehameha old gods with the power of our living planet’s blood, I have news for you as to which one is real lmao

Sounds like you are the one with a political agenda.

1 Like

There is little show of love in WoW overall.

This thread is burning hotter then Teldrassil.

1 Like