Wow loading problems and FPS drops, been happening for a few months now

Hello, I do not know if this is due to my pc being second hand and having an old GPU or not, but this is my problem I tried to submit to a GM, for some reason it doesnt allow me to click submit and send it. So I am posting it here.

Original post:

Hello, I have been having this issue for a few months now, This is a second hand computer,I have a Radeon 460 GPU, and I am experiencing major fps drops and random crashes, sometimes my game freezes while I am flying in mid air, and stuff does not load at times. When i first got the computer, it didnt happen this much before, and sometimes my game crashes to the point where I freeze by pressing talents or the guild buttons to bring them up on the keyboard.I dont know if this issue is graphics card related or what, but it didnt happen this much on my old computer. Oh, and also people on mounts tend to not load for awhile once i log in and transmog items do not load, also sometimes half of the world doesn’t load.

Ignore my grammar, I am not the brighest when it comes to forming sentences/paragrahs so I hope this is enough info to get some help.

DxDiag Pastebin: EjmCVFG1

=====

In case nothing works, I have a backup Geforce Gtx 960 GPU so i can replace the Radeon 460 one if completely neccessary/no other option.

Edit: Also experiencing long loading screens

Hi Demonsan

The DXDiag pastebin expired. Can you put up another.

We don’t require the MSInfo

here is the new link, sorry for the late reply!

p9veba1V

Hi Demonsan

I see some Windows errors that are associated to the Adrenalin software. We should investigate those. First let’s get Windows right up to date. Both Nvidia and AMD recommend the latest feature update for Windows when installing new versions of their software.

Type Update in Windows search box. Click on Check for Updates. Will open the Windows update pane. First let’s get the version you have right up to date.
Click the Check for Updates button.

Install whatever it wants there - do not install the Feature Update 2004 yet. After it is done installing things click the button again. Do that until you have no updates available.

Next we want to run a system file check - we want to make sure everything is in order before we try to get the big 2004 update.

Type Command Prompt in Windows search. On the right side of pane select Run as Administrator.

One you have an Adminstrator Command Prompt type or copy/paste this line at the cursor:

sfc /scannow

(space between sfc and /scannow)

Let that run - if it finds errors it will mention that. Run it again - do that until you get the all clear message.

Let’s stop here for now - if the sfc can’t repair files let me know. If Windows fails any of the initial updates run the sfc portion of these instructions then try again.

This will take some time - I will be around this morning.

Hi there, thank you for your reply! I tried opening command prompt as run as administrator 4 times and it didnt work, It worked when I opened it normally though, this was after i clicked on checking for updates and it installed an anti-virus update.

That’s odd - try some of the things on this Webpage:

The Command Prompt box will say - Administrator: Command Prompt along top

It worked with one of the options in the article, thank you, probably should have googled that before asking you. :sweat_smile:

Good deal - let me know what happens with that scan.

1 Like

Currently on 3% on the beginning of the verification phase, so far working good, ill give u updates periodically to let you know I am still here.

Okay - if it finds errors it will try to repair them from files stored on your drive. If it prints out that it found errors then repaired run it again. What you want to see is something like “no integrity violations found”. That’s the all clear

1 Like

Windows Resource Protection did not find any intergrity violations.

Ahh - good to see. Restart computer - did you see the Feature Update 2004 offered on the Update window? If not do you have a link that says “Optional Updates” look under that.

Start that update - it will take at least an hour.

I have restarted my computer and I do not see the Feature Update 2004, not even in the optional updates.

The things I see in the optional updates are:

If you have a specific problem, one of these drivers might hlep, otherwise, automatic updates will keep your drivers up to date.

Adavnced Micro Devices - Media - 11/16/2017 12:00:00 AM - 10.01.6
Intel - Other hardware - Intel 100 series/c230 series chipset family thermal subsystem - a131
Intel - other hardware - intel management engine interface
Realtek semiconductor corp - media - 9/44/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8531
Intel - other hardware - intel xeon® e3-1200 v66/7th gen intel core host bridge/dramregisters -591f

Nothing about the 2004 update you have mentioned at all.

I must have gotten your DXDiag confused with another I was looking at. I just doublechecked. Looks like you have 2004. Bonus we can move on then.

I want to update the AMD graphics to the latest version of Adrenaline. We will need to uninstall the old graphics first. We will use a tool called DDU for that. Download DDU here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300

Grab that tool while I find the driver - then I will post full instructions.

Alright haha! I was gonna say, i remember installing it not too long ago but wasn’t completely sure.

Yeah it’s late - I’m half asleep fishing off Steamweedle port in Classic.

Download this driver:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-460

Basically you extract the DDU uninstaller from the download. (it will extract to a folder called DDU - the tool is inside that folder)

*Important: Unplug the Ethernet or disable the Wifi to avoid Windows automatic driver installation.

I like to boot the computer into safe mode then run the DDU tool. (This isn’t essential and you will need to confirm you have the windows password before you do so. If you are using a PIN it will ask for the actual password after running safe mode.)

On the tool you select Graphics type then AMD. Run the recommended “Clean then restart”.

Install the AMD Adrenalin driver

You may see a Windows Smart Screen warning when you start the Driver install as you are offline - ignore that.

Once installed restart computer.

Two caveats here:

The RX 460 is below the minimum requirements for Shadowlands. Not too far below though so it should still work decently.

You are running a big HD. That is likely your loading issues. We noticed back at the start of BfA that SSD was the only way to avoid that. You might consider installing a SSD for the game. Even a small 256GB just to put your games on.

I’ll link the requirements here:

Thank you for this, I will do this later in the day though considering I do have a pin for my computer. And I do not remember my computer’s password clearly. Do you have anything else for me in case i get accidently locked out of my computer that I can come back to and do afterwards, considering you’re about to fall asleep soon? :smiley:

You know Demonsan - Ignore the warning that you aren’t in safe mode. Don’t go there. The tool should do the job without being in safe mode.

1 Like

I still need to disconnect the internet right?