Wow loading problems and FPS drops, been happening for a few months now

Yes do that

1 Like

Alright, thanks for everything,will probably update this later in the day if i ever get it fixed. Enjoy the fishing…and sleeping :stuck_out_tongue:

The computer graphics will look all wonky and big after you run the tool. That is normal. You will be running on basic windows graphics until the new Adrenalin driver is installed.

1 Like

Everything is working great so far except for my screen flickering green/white randomly.

And everything still takes a bit of a time to load, but not as bad as it used to be.

Update: The flickering seems to have stopped

Edit: They’re back

Check these settings:

Open Windows > Settings. Go to Gaming - Disable both Xbox Game Bar then Game Mode below that.

Go to the main wow folder retail folder. At the bottom of the list is a Wow icon (W) icon.

Right click on the Wow icon. Select “Properties” at bottom of list. Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane.

At the bottom of the pane select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”

Apply change

1 Like

In Retail Propteries,

There is:

General, Sharing, Security, Previous Versions, Customize.

No Compatibility tab.

World of Warcraft > Retail folder. At the bottom of list is the Wow icon I mentioned. I suspect you didn’t highlight that before right clicking. Click on the Icon then right click. Then click on Properties.

Got it, everything seems to be working fine now, sorry it took so long on my end. Thanks for all your help! I can now run wow on the 9 graphics setting instead of the 3 i ran on before. <3

Good to see Demonsan - we win this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I just wanted to comment to say that checking “Disable Fullscreen Optimization” fixed the issues (at least for the first 30 minutes). I had times where the game would freeze, minimize, fps drop, and generally stutter. It was awful.

Brand new build (ryzen 5 3600 w/ AMD 5600xt). I had thought it was a driver issue. Spent a whole night just installing and reinstalling drivers all different types of ways. Nothing to report on dxdiag either so I was going crazy. I eventually did set it to Direct X 11 legacy and that reduced the issues but it would still happen even 5 minutes instead of every 30 seconds. Finally I stumbled upon this post. Thank you so much!

Good to see Myname

That “Windows Feature” was a common issue at one time. I see it is showing up again.

Thanks for reporting that