WoW its getting Destroyed by the Writers

At no point in WoW’s history has it had good writing. Warcraft has an interesting universe to play in mostly because it’s a vague enough fantasy setting for most things to fit without seeming too far out of place, but the actual foreground stories told in World of Warcraft have been garbage starting with BC. The only reason Vanilla wasn’t equally bad was because they focused on the world, rather than telling a single major story as they tend to try to do with expansions.

Edit: I should say that there are good bits here and there. Darrowshire comes to mind. Jaina’s Thros stuff was neat in BfA. MoP had lots of good background lore to build it up as a real place with a history. But in terms of the big major plot threads expansions are based on? No.

This.

The term “Lol Lore” started when Draenei were revealed to be playable.

I stopped caring about the lore over a decade ago and take it for what it is, and at times it surprises and others it’s meh at best.

Sometimes it’s genuinely good, like Jaina’s redemption arc and Bwonsamdi for example. I can find bits of good lore in every expansion.

“Morally Gray” for Blizzard means “deeply unhinged psychopath who once got called a bad name.”

1 Like

Honestly I stopped caring about the main story directly in Cata. I find a lot of the side quests and zone stuff to be fun, but good god everything focusing on the main plot is unbearable. Don’t even get me started on how contrived this entire faction war is.

I’m perfectly happy completely ignoring the main story and just enjoying the rest of it. I used to enjoy it, but it’s gotten worse and worse as time goes on.

This is without a doubt the worst shape this game has been in since I started playing.

1 Like

So basically MOP all over again. They need to hire someone with a brain. Tired same plot lines. To top it off. The blood elves and NIght Bourne siding with the alliance. Thrall and suarfang somewhat side with the alliance. Cause Baine is guilty of treason. Oh, let side with the alliance since we do not like the horde going. It like no one has horde pride anymore. Really getting tired of the old same story over and over.

They neutered an entire faction forcing us to betray our warchief in MoP. The Horde has never been the same since, and just when we might finally have another Warchief that doesn’t want us to be parading bears on a leash for some Alliance King, it appears we’re gonna betray all over again so we can be allowed to be Jaina’s washwoman and clean her undies for her.

2 Likes