WoW its getting Destroyed by the Writers

That does sound like them. :thinking:

I miss Wrath Garrosh. He was hot headed and impulsive but you could tell it was from a desperate attempt to live up to his father and not just irrational bloodlust at anything non orc.

Garrosh and Sourfang’s conversation in Warsong Hold is one of my favorite side moments in all of WoW. You could really feel he learned a bit of humility and respect.

Then they ruined him into a raid boss.

3 Likes

On that note, the Wrath content I’m going through is pretty awesome.

1 Like

Did you even do the war campaign? He deserved to get arrested

1 Like

I dunno - I’m having fun working on WoTLK Loremaster. First started about 3 months before Cata came out, so never did a complete play through before. Just finished Ice Crown and Storm Peaks. They seemed pretty epic to me. :slight_smile:

Except when Arthas keeps popping up whenever you foil one of his plans and say “You meddling kids! I will get you next time!”

2 Likes

I agree! Though doing the 5 man quests in Ice Crown on my level appropriate DK has been… Interesting.

Ice Crown I saw a handful of people the 3 or 4 weeks I was there. Storm Peaks had a couple of dozen. Looked like about half of them were hunters. Or maybe people trying for the TLPD…

I feel so bad for the art team, they clearly put their heart and soul into their craft expansion after expansion only to have the writing team phone it in and then even worse the leadership guts everything and turns their best work into a cash grab in the shop which makes everyone resent the mounts/pets they worked so hard on.

1 Like

Lmao. I thought it was cool when they replayed the Arthas and Marudon scenes from Warcraft 3, when you go into the past to give the spirits closure. I didn’t play this far into Wrath before.

I don’t know if their plans to ensure you won’t out-level the area before completing it will work (with level scaling). I’m level 84, pretty close to 85, and haven’t even gone to Icecrown yet. Only completed a few zones. All of the dungeons no longer appear on the LFR screen. Enemies are in the 79-81 range. Still green though. Items from quest rewards are no longer up to par.

Skoll. Lightning Wolf pet with about 4 spawn points. A significant portion of Nothrend characters are searching for the spirit beasts: Gondria, Arcturis, Loqeu’nahak, and Skoll and the non-spirit beasts Aotona and King Krush.

Follows the story pretty well of Arthas orchestrating events behind the scenes so to speak with the player frequently playing “spy”.

Have you done the child arthas quests yet? Matthias Lehner?

Bobby Kotick -Taking the fun out of games since 2009…

Just google it. Seems like the plan is working pretty well… Based on my reading of BfA feedback… lol

1 Like

Nope. Didn’t even know there were some of those quests. I remember the cut scene where Arthas comes out of the cave when the expansion was being hyped prior to release. Just passed that part. I quit before Burning Crusade, came back for Pandaria, then quit again until a few weeks ago.

But what’s neat is I was at work, talked to one of my colleagues about him playing Apex and me on WoW… told him I’m on the Wrath expansion with the Lich King… he asked if I knew who the Lich King was… I said Arthas from Warcraft 3, and asked how he knew since he never played Warcraft… but he did play Hearthstone. lol Crazy world.

Thankfully I’ve never kept track of the storylines in this game so I’ll be fine.

Awesome. That quest chain is pretty cool but I don’t want to spoil it for you.

2 Likes

Questionable name and character you got there.

Yep, BFA killed any remaining interest in the warcraft story.

There’s no coming back from this. At least with WOD it was pushed away by closing the timeline.

If we can come back from WOD, we can come back from absolutely anything.

We wake up and find it’s all been a bad dream and we are back in Vanilla ready for Classic with only 60 levels.

Yea, it’s crazy how many people out there play games. At my current job, there’s people who play Battlefield, NHL, Destiny, Apex, and so on. One of them used to play WoW. A job I had years ago had people rockin’ on Call of Duty, Path of Exile, Ghost Recon, etc. All different people with active social lives and full time jobs.

I’d rather stick with BFA. Call me a buzz kill.