Wow is not pay2win, it's pay for conveinence

Imo paid carries of any type for gold or irl money need to be banned token wouldn’t matter anymore after that

Edit: if you ban the token people just buy gold from 3rd parties it won’t do anything getting rid of the token

1 Like

The system of gear making more of a difference than relying on player knowledge of class mechanics is what needs to be removed. Go back to a design that relies on class skill and ability.

So scaling and basically have the game be final fantasy nty

1 Like

No not at all, just put emphasis back on class skills and the need to rely on knowing your class rather than relying on ilvl to carry you.

I mean…I do have that gear.

That’s what it means to you, that’s not what it means to everyone.

1 Like

Then ban the people buying gold. Enforce the rules. When did “People are going to brake the rules so we might as well profit from it.” become a good argument?

I never said it was a “good argument” what I’m saying is that people still bought gold and got away with it when blizzard was actively combating gold sellers so it’s not a 100% solution to say just ban them. Makes more sense and is easier to just say no more carries for currency

The game does still matter it takes skill to get the best rating in pvp and raiding takes skill to. If you think all that matters is gear then you ain’t doing the right content. The token means nothing carries have been going on forever long before tokens the dumbest argument ever. Why you think people get stuck doing 3 or 4 mythic bosses or rating in pvp with great gear some people dont have enough skill hence blizz nerfs bosses as time goes so people eventually get.

This is applied to ALL MMOs since all of them have people who pay for runs. Just none of the other games offer a token and instead they buy from gold farmers.

1 Like

The problem is blizzard didn’t put much resources into combating gold sellers. Now they put none. Look at how out of hand bots have gotten. On any given day you can find large teams of druids farming. The token has done nothing to combat gold sellers or any other form of cheating. All it has done is let Blizzard profit off of it.

It did nothing to stop gold sellers sure it didnt go away. I’m all for them reworking druids make people mad oh well. Susan Express would like to talk to you. They were the top gold selling site even had cute decorations in org and sw. The communities you see dont do worth a crap anymore either maybe 1 or 2. Most just vanish quickly.

I know someone who bought a boost.

I mean IGvault, Overgear and MMoGah are still going strong. All of them have been around for a long time. Well before the WoW token.

Oh shoot, how much does a mythic Sylvanas bow cost, and where can I purchase it for real money

Who me? Lol I’m broke af

They list the price with the mount, but it would cost you 15 million per attempt at the bow. Better start buying tokens now.

Yes I agree it is not conventional pay to win but pay to win nonetheless… I would also stretch to say that being able to character boost is pay to win. I was having an amazing time playing final fantasy 14 and then I found out I can just boost a character to level 70 for $17.50 and it killed my experience of the game and I no longer play anything I can only post on these forums today because I’m waiting for my sub to run out

Realistically, in the first week when the perfectly optimized BoEs are selling for 5-9 million gold a pop… maybe it’s not pay to win because anyone can earn gold… but at the very least it’s pay for advantage. A few top guilds have long since admitted to buying wow tokens to cap gold out so they can buy those items.

The only time it’s truly pay to win would be in the first 1-2 weeks of mythic raiding where getting a world first title could mean you get sponsorships.

No it is pay to win.

Getting Cutting Edge, Gladiator and KSM is winning the game. Come back next patch and get the same.

Winning WoW’s endgame is the three achievements.

1 Like