WoW is dead, but it's a GOOD thing

Yeah so is dead or dying even the terms that should be used. /shrug

So I guess it just makes it pointless to say that “WoW” is dying, if 100% of games are dying.

1 Like

I agree. Babies are technically dying the second they leave the womb. It’s inevitable spiraling down even though there is a ramp up in vitality until the 20’s.

Depends on your measurement.

As you said - vitality ramps up until mid 20s before it starts dropping.

Fortnite for example would not be considered dying - as they have not been demonstrated to have hit their peak yet.

WoW demonstrably hit its peak back in WoLTK. WoD was a slight anomaly, but ultimately continued the trend.

Fortnite is dying in that it cannot last forever. It is popular and will probably have more peaks and valleys. But even Fortnite is technically dying right?

1 Like

Right. … but again it depends on your unit of measure.

At some point the sun will explode and all life n the milky way will cease to exist.

If you use game population, or earnings (both correlated in a sub-based game like WoW), then WoW has objectively been dying since WoLTK. Something that has yet to happen to Fortnite.

So when people say a “game is dying” … I don’t think they are referring to human or cosmic life-cycles.

You are “comparing apples and oranges”.

1 Like

i love how everyone always points to wrath and says “look! the game was thriving! we have 2 million now. we’re screwed!!!”

2 million still surpasses its competition. vanilla through wrath was an anomaly that no game in existence will be able to match. its in no way a standard or something anyone should expect.

however, the game is probably on its last legs given all the crap that’s been happening lately.

4 Likes

Agreed. 2 million is still fairly healthy for a video game, especially an MMORPG, in my estimation.

Sometimes I do wish there were 10 or 12 million players still around.

Don’t actually watch for new games do you? Lol. You can go on youtube and look up new games coming out in 2019 from RGPs, to BRs, to MMOs. Even today there are plenty of MMOS to play. But when people say ‘dead’ what they mean is that WOW is no longer the top of the heap. It is basically F2P for many players, P2W to a certain extent and at this point the only real improvement to the game is …um…not sure. New games coming out have amazing race customization and wow has reskins. Other MMOS have varied decent professions and wow has the what have you. Other MMOS offer housing and WOW you get to have an obsolete garrison. Blizz already shredded jobs in Europe and now they are going to take a hit in NA…take into consideration the good devs moving to mobile and what is left is not good. WOW will not truly die like Wildstar…not for awhile but it is no longer the King of MMOS and the loss of employees is not going to help.

4 Likes

I don’t think WoW is going to die yet, because 2 million subscribers paying every month is alot still. There’s many competitors, like ESO and FFXIV, who keep making good amounts of content with less revenue than Blizzard.

So, I think WoW will only die when they announce F2P, I’ll take that as an doomsday announcement.

1 Like

I would hardly call a game played by literal millions of people “Dead”

4 Likes

What is dead may never die

The forums just happen to be more fun than the game unfortunately. How could i miss out on all these charming personalities?

3 Likes

Yes, clearly.

The cash store gets more attention than classes.

Unless you play horde lmao

:roll_eyes:

Well I see this thread is being consistent in not being taken serious. Just a bunch of tin foil hats.

Perfect YouTube video as a response

1 Like

There is nothing stopping that innovation now. It’s not good for WoW to die until a suitable replacement can be made. Maybe WoW 2.

Between another xpac or 2 and the classic servers possibly going beyond classic i would say warcraft has at least 6-10 years left. Not to mention shutting down warcraft would have to be handled very carefully as it is not your average game. It is near and dear to many peoples hearts and has alot invested in it physically, mentally and financially by both players and developers.

You had me until you mentioned leaving for black desert lmfao

1 Like

Wow isn’t dead, but the number of really good single player games out there have aided in the number of people leaving.

Some of those games are free too. Why pay $15 to play a game on rails where your rewards are nothing but RNG.