WoW is dead, but it's a GOOD thing

You guys’ logic is flawless. I applaud you. /clap

1 Like

Considering you can’t even get basic subs numbers correct I don’t think we care about what you think.

5 Likes

Okay fair enough. Good day to you sir. /moo

I never knew WoW was a living thing to begin with.

1 Like

This point makes no logical sense.

MMOs were a fad. And trendy. They aren’t now. There is no way WoW would have kept anything close to 10 million even if they did literally every single thing “right”.

11 Likes

Everything is “dying”, according to some doom and gloomer somewhere. Pro sports ratings are down, tv viewership is down, and so on.

Entertainment has diversified and fractured into hundreds of different directions. So, yea, WoW isn’t “as popular” as 10 years ago, bur rally, neither is anything else.

5 Likes

WoW has been dead since alpha because Warcraft isn’t an IP like Star Wars, Star Trek, Conan, or LOTR.

Or…

WoW has been dead since late beta because they decided to change things for a T for Teen rating.

Or…

WoW has been dead since the first popular IP MMORPG came out.

Or…

WoW has been dead since Patch 1.6 when the game started to cater to “casuals”.

Oh wait… nevermind…

WoW has been dead since they introduced Dungeon Finder in TBC.

5 Likes

I actually miss LOTRO. They had something going there but fell into the trap of having what attempted to be a “realistic game and engine” now running 20 years behind.

You just made me nostalgic…

3 Likes

when a dead game still has more players than any other in its category. says a lot about the game.

just cause you’ve played it for over a decade and should likely move on cause you’ve done it all a million times doesn’t mean its dead. whatever that means.

6 Likes

Getting pretty decent que pops, and there are an awful lot of people running around town for a dead game.

8 Likes

Don’t worry, there will still be you and like 4 other people that’ll play no matter what. Your bubble is safe…

4 Likes

I know. Almost as safe as the safe space people want on the forums for being a “trendy” WoW-Hater.

3 Likes

Nah, the forums are just more fun than the game at this point. Should say a lot.

7 Likes

I mean I get it. Its been Standard Operating Procedure for people to not just quit playing WoW but to hang out for another 2-3 years making sure everyone knows they aren’t playing.

Something about being able to brag about quitting a game on that game’s forums gets people excited.

7 Likes

Other mmo’s would stand a chance at retaining players when not competing against the sunk cost fallacy that is WoW’s 14 year history.

I still think Wildstar was the better mmo at the end, but it couldn’t compete with’s WoW’s tenure. Very few can.

WoW has been dying a slow death since WoLTK. WoD burned quite a bit of trust when it drew back 10 million, squandered it, and lost over 50% of the player base.

There is no reason to believe BFA is fairing much better given the fiasco it’s been since launch.

5 Likes

Well if you had a dollar for every time wow died, then I suppose you could start the new “WoW” MMORPG like OP is saying lol.

2 Likes

It’s called Cross realms. Because servers are dead and WoW is dying.

3 Likes

Exactly right. WOW, like many things in life, reach a peak. It’s unreasonable to think that something can remain at it’s peak for a long duration of time. It’s impossible. It’s exactly how shareholders base their demands though - on unrealistic goal setting that increases over time endlessly.

WOW is not dead. It probably will never die until the writers give up. But it has been dying for a very long time now. I think people get confused with dead and dying a lot.

2 Likes

If you are vague enough, every game is dying the moment it launches.
:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

There are lots of innovative MMOs.

They just crashed and burned because WoW’s formula works.

1 Like