WoW Is Back!

I have said it before an I will say it again. The issue with Sylvanas is less to do with her actions and more to do with how friggin little we knew about her plans. We knew nothing, nobody did hell I cant even be sure the writers themselves did.

As for gearing it will be a welcome return to loot just being loot. I will be thankful to not have to pray the RNG gods roll in my favor everytime I see a warforge or titanforge

1 Like

Covenants hold no appeal to me. At all. Ever since seeing Sylvanas whip Bolvar, destroy the helmet and break the ice ceiling, all I hope for is the day I get to see her be a loot piñata.

I may have to wait for the expansion after Shadowlands or just stick with Classic (or BC if they release).

1 Like

Well you are out of luck then.

I will be blown away if Sylvanas does not die by the end of this expansion. And I SWEAR to all that is holy I will lose my mind if I find out they do something dumb like make her the new Jailer

2 Likes

All we had to do was die and go to hell to get these things to change.

1 Like

Not just hell. Super-hell. We start in the Maw :grin:

1 Like

I know right. If we had known it were this easy we would have begged for Azeroth to get nuked when WoD came out :slight_smile:

Two words my friend…cautious optimism. :wink:

Good, I wanna go to Torghast asap.

But also collect those sweet Oribos weapons…

1 Like

While I hated most of BfA, I still hated Cata and WoD more.

Here’s hoping Shadowlands is as good as it looks.

1 Like

“They can’t know what we’re thinking if WE don’t know what we’re thinking!”

I understand either way, I simply just personally cant stand BFA. It curb stomped a multi year buildup of N’zoth into the ground. It took Sylvanas and butchered her character and story and chucked her off the top of Ice Crown. It basically made it downright impossible to side with the horde morally within the expansion. It completely and utterly ruined gearing and itemization and finally it kamikaze’d any semblance that you were doing any damage,tanking, or healing straight into the center of Azeroth due to procs doing 95% of everything for you. Yeah Cata and WoD were bad but at least I could still enjoy some of WoW in those expacs. With this one I legitimately hate the game at the moment. Lots of hope for SL and I respect the devs for being much more forward and honest this time around

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeeah, I just can’t agree with you.

BfA was annoying as heck, but Cata and WoD were down right garbage.

But to each their own.

The only way that can be true is if they abandon their “all stats are equal” mindset. Because depending on your spec, Versatility may either be your top stat or it could be a stat to AVOID like the black plague. They’d have to return to the time when they customized stats based on the spec to avoid “plain pieces” of gear.

Also, up until WQ became a thing, its always been about do the content, get a roll of the dice and maybe you’ll get loot.

And if that’s what they’re doing, then its not a new system. Because you could end up running a raid for 3 weeks straight and not get any drops. I’ve personally had that happen.

And with FEWER pieces of loot dropping, then that means that your chances of getting gear will also drop. Drop rates are already quite low as it stands. So unless they are RADICALLY changing how you get loot from running a dungeon or raid … all we’re doing is regressing to a time when RNG dictated whether or not you got gear.

Now if they ARE indeed radically changing how you get gear … I’ll listen. But if what they’re doing is “do the dungeon/raid, kill each boss, hope that rng is nice and gives you a drop, but at a lower drop rate than it was last expansion” … then its not an upgrade. It’s not an improvement. It’s a regression.

I will agree the removal of WF/TF and Corruption is a good thing. No argument there. But the promise of “meaningful loot, and less loot dropping” is both a buzzword and dangerous because of how RNG works.

Again, if they are RADICALLY changing, from 1 to 60 how you GET loot … I’ll listen.

But if they want longevity, they’ll have to limit the number of guarantees on loot. And there are two ways to do that. Grind out the wazoo to get the gear, usually via a lengthy process involving lots and lots of currency is one option. The other option is Roll the Dice and hope that you lucked out, if not, run the content again and again until the item drops or you give up.

So … until they show me Hard Facts on how the new loot system will be “better” than what we have now … its just empty words. And Ion is a master of empty words.

When did WoW ever “customize stats based on spec?”

A long time ago they actually did have gear that had stats tailored around specs. Then they changed things and decided that all stats are equal. That was around the time that Versatility became a thing.

Except all stats are NOT equal. They can’t be. Especially when various specs have abilities that work based off a secondary stat. IE Fire Mage and Critical Strikes. Obviously they’re going to favor Critical Strike.

I’ve played since vanilla and I have no idea what you are talking about with “gear tailored around specs” unless you mean stuff like spirit/mp5 for healers.

And some healers needed more of it than others.

And the gear that dropped always has static attributes and such. Nothing really “tailored”

Tier sets.

You believe anything they say? shows how naïve you’re sorry. Btw its to late people HATE blizzard now.

Tier sets had static stats on them?

Tier with bad stats you just used anyway if the bonus overshadowed the bad stats.