WoW is an MMO

Apparently enough people that they keep doing it.

1 Like

Same usual fanbois that always show up to tell you how you’re wrong for not enjoying the game lol. You guys seriously need to find a new hobby.

4 Likes

Imagine rpg as an e-sport your dailies would be to combat everything to get that chest once a day. Would you do the chase to completely it in 20-30 minutes with no cheer choir to hear at the end?

1 Like

Times change.

1 Like

You do know time is an illusion and only can be witness through one point in that space. Your time is not mine ,yet I do share it with other in that space near me,it is still my illusion in my self consiousness. You want to change wow you’ll have to change everything it is.

1 Like

Argumentum Ad Populum, one of my favs~

1 Like

I, admittedly, liked the AP systems. I just liked them better when they capped in a patch.

Also, I really like the option of having enjoyable solo content. It’s a multiplayer game, but that just means I’m playing with other people, it doesn’t mean I have to group with them for everything.

I am a little sick of the eSport influence in this game though. I wish they’d give stuff like professions and, you know, the actual game the sort of attention they’re giving M+ eSports. I’m also super bummed that the only communication we get lately involves either M+ or eSports based on Arena or M+.

I got a Facebook ad for ESO that’s advertising solo play stuff coming. I might check that out again.

10 Likes

I agree,I don’t think the devs know what solo content means ,they stream line it is one direction as a time saver but forgot that solo content is about possibilities ,it may not make complete sense but it is enjoyable.

3 Likes

no disrespect but you are the kind of player that ruined WoW

I’m not saying it should be that way, I am saying it has become that way because overall, we are just much better gamers than we used to be, with way more information at our disposal, and we expect a challenge that will keep us occupied.

Remember Baron Geddon in Molton Core? He has three abilities the entire fight. Run living bomb out of the group, run away from Inferno, and dispel ignite mana. That was a raid fight back then.

Now everything is 2-4 phases with 2-3 abilities per phase and much harsher number checks because we are just at that level now. If they released a new raid as simple as Molten Core, people would be able to farm it with their eyes closed by the end of the first week. Even Ragnaros only had like 3 abilities and an add spawn.

Times change, wow changed with it.

2 Likes

True,and they would more likely enjoy it more and everyone wouldn’t complain it was too difficult to do which in turn would have more player base to play. You see the more complex is not always the best.

4 Likes

Man, I’ve been here for the whole life of the game. Group stuff has always been my side content. My daughter was born the year after I started playing this thing, so 80% of my play sessions are solo, with the occasional grouping for some unavoidable stuff, and that’s great.

I like the group stuff that’s short, like daily quests or downing an elite. But the only thing I’d truly set time aside for was raid, and that started in BC. But the game has to have a lot of soloable stuff to invest in outside of raid, or I’m not finding value in the game as a whole. Raid logging has never been something I’m interested in, nor is the current dungeon ladder or competitive PVP.

7 Likes

Everyone plays for their own reasons

5 Likes

An MMO can have esport elements to it.

Blizzard just isn’t doing the esport stuff correctly at all.

2 Likes

Banish it from ye lands o’ Azeroth onto ye olde tournament esports realm. Then if you want to make stupid changes like AoE cap do so on esports realm and the rest of the playerbase can be unaffected.

5 Likes

Funny thing is, the competitors hate the AoE cap just as much, if not more, than the casual folks hate it.

They didn’t add an AoE cap because of the MDI. They added an AoE cap because their devs are clueless.

4 Likes

I can Imagine MMorpg as e-sport football One goal to reach you have your team mates like do this ,go,first we head to the bank grabs the provisions then head down to the teleport to the quest giver ,omg down at the third disconnection from server. Wait it back up against , going for that loooong stretch. Half way to there , I think you got the picture ,do we need a someone to loud speaker it to the world?

Why would I want to find a new hobby? I enjoy Wow. As much as you run it down perhaps you should find a new hobby, one that you can enjoy.

2 Likes

So much this.

Shadowlands is the World of Systemcraft. The game content is so highly structured is feels like I’m freaking working in a button factory.

All of the Diablo systems in Shadowlands don’t make WoW fun. They don’t create character immersion in a fantasy world. They make the game feel like a senseless job with no end to it. Who needs that when the real world is full of senseless jobs.

Sincerely, Joe

4 Likes

Perfect example, of a 2part questline ! lol

1 Like