WoW is an elitist mess

This reminds me of what a friend told me about homework in public schools. Because new immigrant children could not afford to buy and use computers to do their homework, all homework was banned. Do you think that’s fair?

I hope that’s sarcasm

Raidbots is a beast far too complex for the casual man to tame.

3 Likes

Again the invention of said addon was “necessary” in the first place. Cause players wanted an easier way to read said information from the armory.

1 Like

No, it wasn’t. If the reason for the addon was to present the armory information in a better, more convenient format, then there was never a reason to add a rating system to it…since it’s not part of the information coming from the armory.

Elitism isn’t your target friend. Its poor game design. Below is my story of elitism sucker punching me, but I don’t blame them because its top end content. Elitist have their place and its high end content, pvp, mythic+, raids. Thats where it should be, competitive players trying to be the best. The problem is it’s boiled down so low to the average folks. Why? Game demands it. Instead of focusing on the class its covenants, cant change your convenant at all without backlash. The community didn’t have a chance. Plenty of more examples but others have done a great job of explaining it.

I was an elitist, kinda still am. Top 8 warrior for mythic+ on Illidan a couple weeks back, was 1200io when avg was 600-800. I couldn’t find a single group to invite me. The best of the best couldn’t find a group because some jerks on youtube said warriors weren’t good for mythic+ even though players reactions after playing with me were “who said warriors were bad? they’re strong!” - Go figure.

I don’t think wow is elitist I just think players have a bad understanding of what an mmo casual is vs casual of just about any other genre. mmos are built for long term play. play 3 hours a week of Mario 3D world, you play it casually. Play 3 hours of WoW you mine as well just stop playing cause unless you play at least 10 hours a week I wouldn’t even call you casual you’re more a tourist than a player at that point.

There are many ways to play this game. And almost as many labels thrown around GD. However, throwing those labels at people only throws fuel on the fire, hence I’m assuming this is simply a troll post. Define me then. I don’t raid. I do low mplus. I do not believe I deserve anything I have not earned in game, including mounts, mogs, pets, and gear. I do believe that people who put the time/effort into those areas do deserve the rewards for that content and that those who do not, do not deserve them. Does that make me casual? Elitist? If you have 2 brain cells to rub together, you can kinda see where this is going. Entitled is the problem. Not the labels you people throw around to get responses. Glhf.

1 Like

Is it? Cause I see it constantly.

“Form your own groups.”

“Your talents/spec/covenant/faction are wrong.”

“Lol nice armory bro (post on your main etc.)”

“Stop asking for gear.”

“Remove LFR.”

“PvP happened, turn off war mode etc.”

It goes on and on.

No one comes right out and says “I hate casuals!” But they say it without saying it.

1 Like

Do they tho? Because I frequently rub people the wrong way on here, and I’ve yet to be told any of those. Oh. But…I don’t ask for free gear, I don’t complain about getting into groups bc I know how to make my own, I don’t run with wm on if I’m not willing to fight, etc etc etc. Perhaps it is more the result of the persistent whines thrown onto the GD forums?

1 Like

Imagine that, the gm from elitist jerks becomes lead dev and the game becomes an elitist mess…hmmm almost as if there is a correlation somewhere.

2 Likes

This is a special scenario. IC is like a 12%+ dmg increase. No other conduit in the game is that good. Not to defend it, just saying.

How to build a elitist guidebook:

Step #1: timers, make then tight and un-forgiving
Step #2: Give statistical data to 3rd party people to evaluate
Step #3: Copy a grouping system that will become a perfect exclusion tool
Step #4: Make evil mechanic’s that are better bursted thru then done.
Step #5: Lock all the good gear behind the one system that’s more exclusive then raiding now a days.
Step #6: Take away the toys like ML and make it so the only way they can be selective with who gets loot is thru control of invites.
Step #7: Post armories that can be linked to in the forums.
Step #8: Throw ton’s of worthless gear into the game that will up the item level and nerf the dps secretly, AKA make gearing horrific.

Do steps 1-8 and you will have yourself a toxic player base quickly… Now for super toxic, simply pay me 500k for steps 9-17.

2 Likes

Half of what you posted isn’t even hatred for casuals. Actually, most of what you said isn’t hatred for casuals.

Geebus, who the hell brought this dumpster fire of a thread back to life? :roll_eyes:

thats a core issue of why the game has become more and more garbage

1 Like

Nercoing hot button threads is a core issue of why GD has become more and more garbage

1 Like

youre a forum dweller. literally see you on every page i click between the weeks i come here. maybe its time you take a break from the forums if its so garbage for you

X

Have fun actually reading the code of conduct you agreed to by posting on this forum.

oh look another forum dweller with posts on every discussion page