WoW in VR finally?

Ok so. Microsoft. Opportunity.
Any chance we’ll finally get WoW in a VR headset?
I know they’re an acquired taste but I like em.

2 Likes

Games need to be designed with VR in mind, otherwise they’ll make you motion sickness and destroy your eyes.

You can’t just scroll all the way in and put a box on your head and call it VR.

3 Likes

I would miss so much work if this happened.

3 Likes

I’d need shot location added to sell this.

the tears. oh the tears. Damned mm hunters wrecking meters. as vr hunters are boom headshot, boom headshot…Boomheadshot.

Or melee too. I mean you jsut acted the swing perfectly to the head. The target should feel that.

Balance? you can get headshotted too. I run my fallout 4 like this. Get a head shot off…well most things hit in the head with .50 cal round ain’t living that.

But…there is reason I don’t run dead is dead hardcore. even a lucky pot shot of .38 to my char’s head is decorating the wall with my chars brains too…

They’d need to deactivate it in Goldshire.

5 Likes

Why does Microsoft buying them mean VR is coming?

Let’s be honest, do you REALLY wanna see me in glorious 3D VR?

1 Like

Microsoft has their Hololens, which is far more superior to simply VR, because you interact with holograms. This means that the players could be interacting with the actual game encounters, creatures, and items; like Star Trek: The Next Generation’s holo deck. These drivers NEED to be added ASAP !

1 Like

I’d be happy even if I could just explore the WoW world in VR without gameplay.

3 Likes

If it ever happens, don’t ask why I’m always in Goldshire….

1 Like

People can’t even avoid things like fire with a mouse and keyboard, you think they will actually be able to move out of it in real life?!?

3 Likes

They’d need to deactivate short toons. I mean unless you like stabbing the toes of your enemies.

It would be neat, but honestly I would only be interested in a VR MMO if I had an actual sense of touch within the game world.

That’s what near reality with the Microsoft Hololens would allow you to do, just saying.

1 Like

Are you asking Microsoft or us? One of those parties isn’t going to reply here :laughing:

WOW supported 3D 10 years ago with official support for Nvidia’s 3Dvision. I don’t know why they abandoned it, but Cata ended support for it.

I suspect you can play it using the VR tools in Oculus - I’ve played several games such as XCOM and Destroy All Humans on the Occulus - it works great with any 3d game, the only issue is you have to use the hand controllers for everything

I am very ignorant in how VR games function. How does simple movement like walking and running from place to place work?

I imagine it could make my wife’s wish of me using the treadmill more come true.

1 Like

with the Oculus you typically use the tiny joystick on the controller to move around.

1 Like

MS VR Holo Lens is over $3,000

It is super cool to move about but not all the controls are there
to fully fight but if you just want to romp around then it is super easy.

Unless you just wear the goggles and just use your muscle memory where
the keys are on the keyboard to fight then you are just fine.

1 Like