WOW in VR, anyone?

Anyone doing Wow in VR (Oculus Rift and others) ? What’s it like to look at the open world ? Will blizzard support VR in the future?

4 Likes

Uh what? Sounds terrible. All walking you do in vanilla, and the terrible graphics lol

10 Likes

The mayor of Goldshire is really interested in getting this VR tech off the ground.

30 Likes

no one plays in first person who would play in VR

2 Likes

We’ve been asking for this for years. Blizzard have resisted (well … more like ignored) us all the way.

6 Likes

i think swifty some how got it to work a year or so ago, you can find it on youtube

3 Likes

I got wow to “work” with occulus rift a few years ago… unfortunately using the look around feature rotated the screen so violently it made me want to puke, mouselook was equally jarring and way too fast.

So in essence you can do it but you have to keyboard turn and be really careful not to look left or right…

1 Like

Would love that! Would do my walking while on the treadmill.

3 Likes

A streamer named Montabon do it Ready Player One style.
You can check it out.

1 Like

VR too clunky at present for that.

Been in VR in wow worlds like old SW and other areas looks pretty good just combat controls aren’t there yet. Still needs a lot of work to have good combat.

4 Likes

Yes. You can play WoW in VR using software like VorpX. It doesn’t feature the motion controls though. You still use the mouse and keyboard it’s just your “monitor” is the headset. The game is in 3rd person like usual and 180 degrees (not a 360), but man the 3d modelling is AWESOME. Definitely fun but hard to do anything serious as it’s a bit disorienting. You should play OrbusVR if you want a for-real VR MMO.

2 Likes

I started playing Wow in Legion so I think the graphic would be at the acceptable level.

I’ve dreamt about VR for wow for a while now. What about this, launch WoW 2 and make it fully VR, including combat. It will have an effect on society in that all nerds will now start moving when they are playing :smiley: just a dream I have

10 Likes

VR WoW is likely 10+ years down the road.

If I created an app to play WoW in VR, would you use it?

11 Likes

Sir, yes sir.

2 Likes

Honestly, a 360 treadmill, a VR headset, and azeroth would be an AMAZING way to get in shape. I’d be down to roam around even if it was just a viewing experience

9 Likes

I’m working on it just ordered rift as price has come down and working on maping to x box controller

With x pander you can map over 50 keys to controller should work well I got about half my spells set up just need to tweak lay out a bit shuld be doing it by next week

4 Likes

Need to add ankle sensors for walking. That would be so cool to have the option to walk, climb on a mount, fight and jump with the game. Fighting sword to sword, using a wand, or axe… shooting a gun. Just think of all the possible income revenue streams WOW could make with all the add on purchases? You thought Xbox & Nintendo was cool… Gotta have a vision or dream to be able to make it a reality. To bad I dont know how to write code I would so try to do this.