WoW in-game pride event similar to other games?

I am aware of who he is. He is still a developer.

That doesn’t mean the lore explicitly states that homophobia doesn’t exist.

Why would the lore state something doesn’t exist? How would the characters even know what it was to explain it in the first place lol?

7 Likes

If were talking about any other game, sure. But this is World of Warcraft, the same one where … despite having both elves (Blood Elves and Night Elves) being mostly one gender for their armies, can allow you to make Female Blood Elf Paladins and Male Night Elf Druids, and etc, etc.

Not to mention, a good chunk of LGBTQ characters we have. :point_down:

…But either way… what’s your point exactly on why the lore needs to state that homophobia doesn’t exist? Does the lead narritive designer saying that it’s non canon not proof enough for you? Are there some counter evidence you have that shows homophobia did existed prior?.. Or… what?

1 Like

Here’s evidence that homophobia exists: there are probably over nine thousand examples of openly heterosexual relationships in-game but really only one openly gay relationship and it’s between two dudes in the afterlife, which implies that there is a taboo actually!

1 Like

Pretty simple as a slate of dialogue that states “The world of Azeroth and the personal rights of its citizens are not infringed upon by the beliefs of other groups. Those who live here have the capacity to express themselves however they please.”

Probably a bit less hamfisted and with a little more context, but you get the idea.

???

Someone literally said the lore explicitly states that homophobia doesn’t exist. I was just pointing out that it doesn’t.

Having a pride event would also implicate that homophobia doesn’t exist within the lore, much like how OP is indicating.

That’s not homophobia you silly goose. That’s you reading it way too deep into things. :laughing:

Plus, i’ve posted a link to WoWhead that shows the LGBTQ characters… and yet you ignored it just so you can be hetrophobic to prove homophobia exists. :laughing:

So, equal representation is homophobia…

3 Likes

You haven’t pointed out any evidence that homophobia is canon.

It would be completely meaningless because everybody is already getting along before.

1 Like

Which means absolutely nothing if it doesn’t exist to begin with lol.

1 Like

Also the only person who we know knows about Thiernax and Qadarin are Shandris and the night fae covenant, which are exactly the characters I’d expect to be tolerant of homosexuality, but what about a racist character like idk Garrosh or whatever?

People who are racist IRL are usually also homophobic (see the recent arrest of like 31 white nationalists headed to a pride parade). We never hear about what people like Garrosh think about homosexuality but I bet he’s homophobic

1 Like

I never said homophobia was canon. I never said homophobia wasn’t canon, either.

I only ever stated the lore doesn’t state anything about it.

Other than thrall, and malfurian, I can’t remember any. Could you provide examples of the remaining 8998 sample you referred to?

1 Like

I guess we’ll never know since the lore doesn’t state anything one way or the other.

Then why bring it up?
If there is no evidence one way or the other, anything you say is just your opinion/bias.

1 Like

Because someone else did.

The dude that writes the lore stated it doesn’t exist, therefore the lore says it doesn’t exist lol.

2 Likes

I bet you have no idea what you’re talking about. :slightly_smiling_face:

He’s making twitter/reddit statements… he just wants thumbs up, or hearts or what ever. Obviously there aren’t homophobic characters in WoW, because sexuality is almost non existent, but he won’t acknowledge that, because he himself is a bigot, just a bigot of a different stripe.

4 Likes

Mankirk and Mankrik’s wife
Jaina and Arthas
Jaina and Kalecgos
Durotan and Draka
Velen and his wife (idk if he had a wife but I thought I remember reading that somewhere—if he doesnt have a wife then Blizzard should make him gay and have him get married to Illidan because they had a lot of chemistry in Legion, although not as much as Anduin and Wrathion have)

The list goes on and on

Velen had a love child with his maid.

Not an actual relationship.

Only in the books, as far as I can tell, but if we’re dragging the books into this, there’s PLENTY of LGBT+ relationships.

Does it?