WoW Hotfixes - Updated March 20

really would like to play one of these damned days but cant seem to with all of the stupid maint left and right

6 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SphericalSizzlingJerboa-max-1mb.gif

At what point do these day after day patches and massive downtimes warrant a return on the monthly subscription?
I pay to be able to play - not sit around on forums waiting to find out why I can’t

9 Likes

They haven’t done that in years, but I remember in Vanilla they would comp people for it. Now Bobby Kotick demands they don’t so he can keep that extra money for himself.

4 Likes

Quaking should also be removed during Bonemaw’s Inhale in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

1 Like

Boring… You made the game so boring… This expansion.

Scheduled maint entails being scheduled. Fixing mistakes because you simply refuse to do as everyone suggests is due to poor leadership. Challenge me if you choose Blizz.
It really is simple, My career was based on large scalable networks that HAD to work. When we implemented changes, we tested them on closed networks… You know build your build, run it on the servers that are closed. Adjust and retest, continue until no issues, then copy save run! Push to live network.

On top of the “Why does this large scale operation continually repeat the same mistakes”
In my recent “Bug Report” of Offering Items at a certain lvl for quest completions only to have the item dropped 20 lvls when it hits my bag issue. The explanation given by 7 GM’s is that “the system downgrades ILVL of items to your overall Gear score”

Really now… So in essence making all players play longer and longer to achieve a lvl that your system determines for us, and not our ability to overcome tougher tasks in order to receive higher gear as to simply do it ourselves …

If you all want to fix this. Un-Sub and let them feel the financial consequence of their ridiculousness. Otherwise, nothing here will impact them as much as they do you.

9 Likes

Absolutely spot on. It is their game. You just enable them with money to do it. They are confident that everyone simply will keep paying. Truth is truth, there is an absolute fix to this. Everyone simply quit until they adjust.

1 Like

And here I am just wanting to use dragonriding without disconnecting every other second.

1 Like

The only 2 days I have available to play these incompetent dev’s have ruined for some stupid trading post I could care less about! Unacceptable! This game has become garbage!

2 Likes

You had long enough time to test and fix this Trading post issue Before making it live today.
Its not like the devs came up with Trading post last month and yall didnt have enough time to meet the ends of playerbase.
It was YOUR idea and YOU decided how and when to lauch it and now here it are AGAIN.

Inconsistent & Incompetent.

Take the day off of work to play only to find the game down for 7 hours of maintenance on a non maintenance day. Stop saying scheduled maintenance. Wednesday’s are not scheduled maintenance. BS for the cost we play for this game. Agree, who cares about the stupid trading post. I think I’m done. The cost is too high to not be able to play due to all the game down time.

4 Likes

Only been playing for three days. Got my character to level 50 last night even with the 4 hour maintenance yesterday. I spend money to continue to play the game only to not be able to play it for 7 hours now. What the hell? What a way to welcome a new player.

2 Likes

This is WOW get used to it. They addict you and then they screw up every major patch or new expansion and no compensation. Been playing since vanilla and all I can say is it happens every time.

“It happens on regular now so its ok.”
No its not ok. They are paid to give a half decent product at least. Which they dont.

I won’t be mean because you are new, but I’ll explain what is happening.

You joined at kind of an awkward time. It is coming down off a major content patch and a huge new content addition. The 2-3 weeks after a major patch or new content almost always has significant maintenance downtime. No matter how much beta and PTR testing you do, every variable can not be accounted for with the live launch. Especially with a 20-year-old game stuck together on a patchwork system of wildly different infrastructure and programming.

This is not a standard maintenance day or schedule. But if they are going to continue to keep adding new content for players days like this will always happen.

In Shadowlands there was a lot less content added so maintenance was fewer days like this, which gave the appearance that this isn’t a common thing. But it is and always has been.

In my 15 years of playing this doesn’t even rank in the top 10 of bad maintenance days. I once had my server get taken down for almost 6 days without explanation or compensation back in Cata.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

February 1, 2023

Classes

• Evoker
    • Fixed an issue where some Echoes could occasionally not be consumed by spell casts.

Dungeons and Raids

• Vault of the Incarnates
    • Fixed an issue preventing players from returning to other areas of the raid when returning to an instance with Broodkeeper Diurna already defeated.
    • Kalecgos now summons a portal that will return players to the raid entrance after Broodkeeper Diurna has been defeated.
  • Mythic+
    • Completing a Mythic 21 or higher dungeon, but exceeding the target time, now awards Mythic+ Rating as if the dungeon were a Mythic 20.
      • Developers’ note: We award partial Mythic Rating credit for untimed dungeons (up to 40% over the target time) to recognize the skill and effort involved, and to encourage groups to stick together even if it seems like they’re going to fall a bit short of the timer. But at the very high end of the system, we’ve heard feedback that sometimes the surest path to further incremental Rating increases lies in seeking out keys a group may have no hope of clearing within the timer. We don’t want to change the way the system works for the vast majority of players who are working their way towards new Valor upgrade tiers, or cosmetic unlocks, but past the Mythic 20 threshold, there are no further tangible rewards other than the leaderboards and eventual end-of-season competition for the Thundering Hero title. The goal of this change is thus to ensure that the way to climb the leaderboards and earn a title meant for the best Mythic+ players in the world is by successfully completing dungeons within the allotted time, without negatively impacting the majority of players using the system. When this change takes effect, some players who are just barely at 2400 rating, with some of that rating coming from untimed 21+ keys, may drop below 2400 and need to re-earn that Rating in order to continue to upgrade new items to Rank 13.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue where certain item upgrade previews would display higher item levels than intended.

Player versus Player

• Druid
    • Feral
      • Fixed an issue that could cause Leader of the Pack to not always apply correctly to the character while in Cat Form.
  • Mage
    • Frost
      • Fixed an issue where Snowdrift would inconsistently be applied on elevated terrain.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where Benthic gear could not be upgraded preventing the completion of “Create Your Own Strength.”

System

• Fixed an issue that caused performance decreases when using certain addons.
1 Like

Removing peoples rating is a sure fire way to make everyone mad. Maybe wait until the next season before you push a change like that.

2 Likes

As of today cancelauring Stasis with a self dispel stored in it, no longer will remove CC on the evoker. Make a post about it, or please fix. This interaction was a corner stone of evoker utility and helped make up for how susceptible evokers are to cc with short range and verdant putting you mid map every time its pressed.

Even with those 4 bugs affliction was one dimensional and bad for most content, now it’s completely unplayable.

Guess I’ll play destro and push 3 buttons for an entire fight.