WoW Hotfixes - Updated January 23

Given up asking if totemic surge will ever do what it says it does.

so this (Strath) is gonna be one of next seasons M+ rotation???

Oh Man would that be sweet

(i was replying to thread not “leadhead” not sure why it replied to you just fyi)

this is said about the WRONG CLASS. this needs to be said about rogues. Where are the rogue utility and control NERFS?!?!?!

annnnnnnnd…Rivendare’s Charger available maybe in M+ version?

Dh-went from 1636 rating to 1378 solo que any other Dhs feeling the nerf? i am 421ilvl and feeling it i use my stuns and prison on healers and i coordinate who to kill and interrupt and have the right talent build and stat priority.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

January 23, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Algeth’ar Academy
    • Vexamus
      • Fixed an issue allowing players to line of sight Mana Bombs and Arcane Fissure.
  • Mythic+
    • Affixes
      • Thundering
        • Mark of Wind now prefers tank specialized players.
          • Developers’ note: We’ve heard the feedback from players that safely removing their mark on tank players can be overly dangerous in many situations. Tank players will still have the option of being involved in removing Marks of Lightning, but we believe this change will offer players increased flexibility in terms of how they choose to approach the affix.
    • Halls of Valor
      • Olmyr’s and Solsten’s health reduced by 25%.
      • Valarjar Aspirant health reduced 20%.
      • Valarjar Marksman health reduced by 10%.
      • Valajar Purifier health reduced by 20%.
      • The health of the four kings found in Odyn’s throne room has been reduced by 20%.
      • Valajar Champion’s no longer use Enraged Regeneration.
      • Ebonclaw Worg no longer use Ferocious Bite.
      • God-King Skovald
        • Is now less verbose when stating his claim to the Aegis of Aggramar.
      • Hyrja
        • Health reduced by 10%.
      • Fenryr
        • Health reduced by 10%.
        • Ravenous Leap bleed effect now has a 30 second duration (Was infinite).
      • Odyn
        • The periodic damage on Runic Brand has been reduced by 20%.
    • The Nokhud Offensive
      • Balakar Khan
        • Nokhud Stormcaster health reduced by 20%.
        • Balakar Khan’s Static Spear prefers not to target the same player for subsequent casts.
        • Balakar Khan’s Static Spear area of effect damage reduced by 30%.
      • Teera and Maruuk
        • Ancestral Bond is now applied when Teera and Maruuk are 15 yards apart. (was 10 yards).
    • Vault of the Incarnates
      • Broodkeeper Diurna
        • Reduced the base damage on Stoneslam Detonation by 63%. This will reduce the need to bring only tank-specialization classes that can avoid the effect by being immune to it.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue with Darkmoon Deck: Dance where the cast was bouncing more or less than intended for certain cards.
  • Fixed an issue with Darkmoon Decks where players would sometimes not be granted a Card after the cooldown had completed.
  • Fixed an issue where, if a player lost their Spiteful Storm Aura, all players also using the trinket on the same target would lose their auras as well.
2 Likes

man those are HUGE HoV nerfs! I was expecting like 2-3 mins added to the timer but this is way more intense

1 Like

May still need a timer adjustment, time will tell. lol.

But these look good.

AV next!

Uncap valor please one upgrade a week is not cool

6 Likes

im curious to see if it needs it after these, time will tell

nerf SMBG 1st boss add HP

nerf add spawn rate on 2nd boss in Azure Vaults

nerf temple 3rd boss tank buster

NERF SMBG? What kind of a joke is that my friend? The key is literally free, highest key being pushed, 0 punishment for wipes. You don’t need nerfs on that key at all. The only key now that I still believe is bad is RLP, 2nd boss is just way too much at once.

3 Likes

Getting io/KSM is too easy.

Never understood the reasoning behind the valor cap. Why would you punish players who want to play the game. I’m so sick of arbitrary time and currency gates meant to prolong content that doesn’t need gating. If someone wants to grind M+ 24/7 for valor, then embrace the players and celebrate their love of the game.

2 Likes

I definetly like a lot of these changes but why was the Azure Vault skip fixed? It was the best way to time keys at higher levels especially in pug groups! We even had to take on more dangerous packs of enemies up front.

I suppose we will just have to all either bring invis pots of have a rogue.

Curious if they will add a profession catch up system for those of us that started late in Dragonflight? The people that started in november are apparently leagues ahead of other players with spec points… Also, hardly nobody using the work order stuff for anything other than super hard/rare recipes?? I think you guys need to rework the work order stuff cuz this ain’t it.

Blizz, do you just always listen to a dozen maybe 2 dozen players on PTR about what class to destroy next or do you just enjoy taking all the hard work from millions of players and throwing it away?

I love you guys but uh
of all the bugs to fix in this dungeon, yall chose this…?

1 Like

If they’re grinding M+ for valor, it’s not because they love the game.

1 Like

they may not like that part of the game.