WoW Hotfixes - Updated April 18

Really doubling down on some of the dumbest class tuning imaginable huh.

Worthless devs balancing around Eranog logs.

Fire them.

7 Likes

Survival nerf is the most mind boggling, but Demo changes as well seem strange. Dreadbite is a straight nerf to all Demo damage, and DS has been 400% for years, since BFA. I would have maybe expected adjustments to some of the talents buffed in 10.0.7 like guillotine

1 Like

To put this into perspective for anybody reading this to see how incompetent these devs are.

Is their reasoning.

This is a single target ability.

6 Likes

Lol… “We made several class changes that we will now slowly revert! Thanks!”

Nice boomkin nerfs, while they’re at the bottom of ST. While they’re nerfed until 10.1 please fix their ability to pull mobs.

1 Like

Lemme see if I understand. You put a new item that is potentially good for many specs but not all. Some specs shine with it and do a lot of damage. Now you nerf the specs that are shining because of the item you introduced that, mind me saying, no one asked for. This is the constantly borrowed power mentality this dev team constantly has. Now tell me, you’ll revert all those changes once the ring is no longer viable or will you buff the ring on the next season and make it a borrowed power? You can’t be that limited and ignore your community like this. It makes 0 sense.

1 Like

Blizz leaves Demo ST in the gutter for months, finally buffs it a bit and then turns around and nerfs both our ST (by 2.5%) and our AoE (by 5%) - and our AoE is middle-of-the pack at best (just look at Primal Council parses).

This is just so utterly bizarre and uncalled for. It’s like two different teams of developers are at war or something.

5 Likes

How it started:

Hunters,

Neltharax, Enemy of the Sky is going to be changed in patch 10.0.7. The bow has a bonus effect on it that was intended to be a boost to the Hunter’s auto-shot damage when shooting a single target, and we still want to keep it that way. The special effect from the bow was not intended to also increase the melee auto-attack speed of any summoned pets. The power gain from this special Equip effect, in addition to its rarity, has made a pretty big divide between Hunters who have this bow, and Hunters who don’t. We’re changing the bow to have an equip effect that increases your auto-attack damage, rather than auto-attack speed. This auto-attack damage bonus will only affect you, the Hunter, and your own auto-shot damage – nothing from your pets will be increased from having this special bow. We recognize that the power gain of this bow was very large, and are tuning up some Hunter abilities to compensate for the changes made to the bow.

How it is going after one week of 10.0.7:

Nice compesation buffs :slight_smile:

I will speak out of the perspectiv of a BM Hunter here:

I rather have these Rings introduced in 10.0.7 being no damage upgrades instead of suffering when the new “borrowed Power TM” is gone. Hunter has been the whole entire tier in a spot with high damage values I can understand that. What i really don’t understand is the mindset behind those changes in a still ongoing tier and can’t see how you came to the conclusion for this. I doubt you talked to anybody who’s playing those classes on a high level when evaluating what you doing. It looks to me you just evaluated logs from WarcraftLogs which are largely inflated by the content being obsolet in terms of tuning with fast kill timers. Esp. in the case of Warlock this seems very rough. This class has been bugged for couple of days and most of the logs are inflated by this. You fixed those bugs but now you double down on nerfs also without sufficent data to reflect the hotfixes.

The current nerfs are around ~4% ST for BM (when Ring is not included into the calculation which we will lose in 10.1) to that comes that ppl who are still missing Neltharax are behind by ~4,8% then (0,8% less damage compared to hunter with it).
I really would love to have more context on this and what you want to do about the upcoming lose of borrowed Power (revert the nerf in 10.1 ?).

For Survival i can say you hit the nail on the coffin. This class has it’s niche being very good in single target (which most fights in vault aren’t) and suffering from bad AoE design (personally not a big fan of wildfire bombs i prefered the AoE Interaction during Legion way more).

For Hunter i can strongly say you should talk to theorycrafter before thinking about changes like this. Gadly Hunter has a very competent theorycrafter community. In terms of survival It seems you would need here help for sure since it looks like you lack vision what the class really needs (looking at the next tier set bonus f.e.).

Have a good day and take this as constructive feedback,

Yumuros - EU Thrall

5 Likes

It really feels like you are basing these nerfs off hunter logs with the rare bow. Specifically, the mythic one. Why?

3 Likes

I know it was unreasonable to believe they would have time to digest and reconsider a lot of these changes before reset after seeing the feedback given since it was posted.

Unfortunately it seems we are stuck with a Frost DK nerf with 0 explanation, Hunters losing any benefit they were given from the bow changes, and further warlock nerfs ( with an explanation that really doesnt make any sense )

Why waste your time testing and implementing things, to then quickly revert it?

Seems like an incredible waste of resources and time.

Pretty disappointing.

1 Like

Denizen of the Dream was finally doing sumthing for once now its back to the bench for the rest of the patch just the most random boomy nerfs when they need to put the 10.1 changes in for boomy curently whole spec just feels awful to play

Thanks for addressing just one bug after 4 months of reports but there are more

• After target goes line of sight pyre / eternity surge does not register damage
  • If crowd controlled at the moment of release at rank 1 for eternity surge the damage does not register and it goes on cooldown
  • Tip the scales will jam (best way i can describe it) and make it unable to use
  • Fire breath reticle goes insivible when charging up
  • Resource display does not accurately track essence which sometimes still prevents disintegrate / pyre being cast despite having enough

Embarassing actually that the new class is still like this

1 Like

Warlock and hunter rep is about to plunge again. From being in the warlock discord, a lot of people are pissed off.

Can we nerf Hyrja lighting shield and fix the invert exploit? Please?

There is no data to justify demo AOE nerf.

I think the reason why they are nerfing demo AOE is because demo’s ST was too high with the new talents. The nerf is to reduce our main damage abilities to bring ST down. The excuse they are giving that the nerf is targeting AOE is just to save face that they made a mistake giving demo too much ST damage.

There have been hundreds of posts asking for clarification and Blizzard is standing firm in chosing to ignore this and the many mind-boggled subscribers. Seems like the cycle starting all over again.

Many just want more details on why, what data was used, as it doesn’t seem to lineup with what the players see. A response doesn’t require reversal, just perhaps a little insight.

Unfortunately, they’ve shown again and again, their commitment to the customer experience is mere lip service, as always. Sadly, the only way to get them to listen is to let subs tank again. Play something else. Enjoy outdoors.
Take care all! Hope they figure it out! :slight_smile:

Will continue to reiterate this.

1 Like

I want to Read following:

Evoker:

Preservation:
Resonating Sphere now hits 5 Players (was 4)
Dev note:
(It turned out the tuning of Preservation was to strong in a negative way. In order to keep Preservation Evoker dynamic as it should be we decided to readjust the Balance again)

Why does thorns of iron for guardian say 20% on tooltip when it’s supposed to do 30% of our damage? if it’s true that would be very beneficial to get it looked after

1 Like

What classes are they trying to bring demonology warlock damage profile in line with? Who’s numbers are they looking at? There are destruction warlocks, pulling 200k DPS in Academy. This is who our damage profile should be matching. Why is destro always on top for m+? Demo is the harder spec so it should at least be up to par.

Additionally, do the developers know that havoc Demon Hunter is one of the hardest DPS specs in the game? Yet we get no changes. It feels like the devs are using sims to make their decisions and not actually trying to run the dungeons when you have to vengeful retreat not knowing what’s behind you. The difference in play difficulty between my havoc demon hunter and my warlock is staggering. Havoc needs either a rework or uncapped AoE to make up for the difficulty of playing the class. Also, Darkness? Garbage. Figure it out.

1 Like