WoW Hotfixes - January 8

This is a very jarring, anti-player change after all the sweet talk that just happened at BlizzCon.

13 Likes
  • Unpulled rare elites in Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Caverns should now despawn after 15 minutes, unless players are in their immediate vicinity.

Because it wasn’t hard enough already to get the dragon manuscripts, pets, mounts and toys from these rares.

12 Likes

What is this crap? People still need pets/mounts from these rares (zaralek). Know what doesn’t “Respect player time”? is having to go to the zone and wait XXXXXXX time for these to respawn for a small chance at the loot.

I’ve already made another post about old rares this week. They all need to be reduced to a 15 min respawn (like pandaria mount bosses). NOT some variable random 1-2 hours, have fun sitting there doing NOTHING.

12 Likes

Not going to lie, this is a pretty insulting change as someone who’s just now going back to try to solo these rares, farm the items and get the achievements. Not only does this disrespect people’s time, but it also makes the achievement, ‘Cavern Clawbbering’ HARDER to do. Do you expect people to farm 21 claws for each and every single rare? How does that respect their time to make them wait for, and kill Klakatak 21+ times (depending on drop rate)? Not to mention how low the drop rates are on the manuscripts, pets, and other items.

Just reduce their HP and make them soloable instead of this ““hotfix””, because this is just going to de-incentivize players who don’t want to spend 5+ hours in a zone, waiting for the slow crawl of rares to spawn and HOPING someone just happens to be nearby (or a friend is willing) to help them kill the damn things.

8 Likes

The Zaralek rares already have certain days that they don’t spawn, and the collection items from them are such low drop rates.

Their HP should just be cut by a significant amount, and their items should drop more often. On top of that, they should be up more often, not less.

7 Likes

Unpulled rare elites in Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Caverns should now despawn after 15 minutes, unless players are in their immediate vicinity.

So instead of being unable to kill rares because they’re too powerful, we’ll now be unable to kill rares because they’re too powerful and not there.

You can’t possibly be serious. It’s about time to let go of this person. I’d wager they’re the same individual who came up with the idea to limit dragon flying to 80%.

For the sake of whoever fabricated this, let’s hope their name never goes public. Because, trust me, their time in this role wouldn’t last, and this community wouldn’t let them find a similar one ever again.

You know something is really wrong when even the trolls agree with the casuals.

Even my grandmother, who struggles with a mouse, comprehends that this makes absolutely no sense. Maybe consider giving her this position. We would be all better off.

I would like to know… if this is a hotfix… what is the “fix”?

“We now ask ourselves: does this change make the game more fun for the players?”
“Blizzard is letting go of old stubborness”.
“I think lessons learned.”

This change says otherwise.

I’m so over this.

8 Likes

This change has to be reverted, it’s the developers being so out of touch it is embarrassing. I and many others have been asking for proper rare spawns, fights, and drops, so you decide to… do the opposite?

You created a Community Council where you accepted players ranging from all sorts of playstyles so you could listen to feedback easier and you decide to ignore it on top of ALL the posts made on the General Discussion… It is honestly laughable at best.

19 Likes

This seems counter-intuitive to the, “respecting player’s time” philosophy that was talked about at Blizzcon.

I’m curious as to who this change benefits exactly? It certainly isn’t the playerbase.

What’s the point of bringing up their itemization to season 3 if you’re going to make farming them beyond a chore?

Who comes up with these asinine decisions and thinks they serve some benefit? I’d love a logical explanation to how this adds benefit and fun to the players.

Sounds like a tactic to get people to play longer to accomplish less of their goals, the opposite of what was told to us at Blizzcon. That sounds like disrespecting the player’s time to me.

Just my opinion, I’m one person amongst a sea of many.

8 Likes

This hotfix needs reverted. It is anti-player and disrespectful of our time, something Blizz tries to say they want to respect more. There is no reason for this.
In fact, besides some super rares like TLPD, ALL rares should have a nerfed timer now that they are old content and very hard to farm. I still have mounts to get even from BFA assaults and it is a pain trying to wait hours with varying degrees just to have a small chance for an item. This needs to stop. The game could be much more player-friendly.
Changes like this feel like they are done with malice sometimes. It is not fun having to waste hours of our day just to spin the wheel. Rares should respawn fairly quick. The only reason I had an easy time farming Argus rares was because at least world quests made them respawn super fast every week or so. In some way, all rares should be like that. It is insane trying to farm toys, pets, mounts from even Shadowlands because so many rares take a long time to spawn. When no one is there anymore to post custom groups it is even harder to find the rares up.
I’m ranting, but I agree with many here that changes like this are disrespectful and do not make the game better or more fun. Please stop with this philosophy of punishing players for not farming the rare enough when it was current.
What’s worse is that most people have been BEGGING since ZC came out to nerf their health because they are ridiculous. And instead of doing that - which would let players kill them more so they’d take time to respawn - you do this.
Just… Why???

8 Likes

Why? That’s so stupid. Sometimes people like to farm old rares. Hell these aren’t even really old rares! It’s still relevant content!

If anything you should be making these mobs soloable, or at least more manageable by just a few people. You don’t need to make that zone any less appealing.

12 Likes

“We want to respect your time” - Ion at The War Within: Deep Dive Panel

The designers didn’t get the memo? Why do we still have these 1 to 2 hours respawns for rares? we do nothing but go afk, waiting for them to respawn. Now it’s going to be even worse with this change. So much for respecting our time!

Just increase the respawn, lower their damage and health so they’re easier to solo, but lower the drop rate, so we can actually play the game.

6 Likes

Really? After all the complaints, you only buff spriest PVP damage? The hell is wrong with you guys? Make a class that can barely survive because no one wants to pick up mediocre/ bottom barrell damage while buffing everyone else. And make our utility garbage. Do better, use your brains.

Awful change that benefits absolutely nobody, and you did this right before holiday break too. What an absolute joke and travesty.

Whoever signed off on this spiteful change needs to be re-trained on this “respecting player time” philosophy that was touted, and everyone else who knows better needs to step up and revert this stupid “fix” that fixes nothing and angers the bulk of your player base.

9 Likes

No. And yes. Have to stabilize the subs for Microsoft. Can’t lose too may accounts before they are able to push early access to the “new” expansions that are coming more quickly than ever!

1 Like

They’re afraid not enough people are engaging with the latest zone content, so they’re trying to steer players with this kind of move.

This is not a mystery, this is what the developers do to force the metrics they want to see, even if players don’t like it and such actions make it worse. It’s why the fancy glad and raid mounts exist, and the m+ ksm mount is a mediocre ground one instead.

God forbid content stands up on its own. Gotta mess with people to do things they don’t want to do and sink the whole ship.

1 Like

This change… “Unpulled rare elites in Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Caverns should now despawn after 15 minutes, unless players are in their immediate vicinity.”

Really sucks. Like why? I was hoping the rares just being up in old zones was going to be the new norm.

10 Likes

Why not just quit making rare mobs? I mean why have them in the game anyway if you don’t want players to kill them.

7 Likes

This is the worst idea you’ve had, of all time.

So much for “listening to player feedback” and asking “will this make the game more fun?”

Hint: This will NOT make the game more fun!

If you don’t like rares being up all the time, then stop making them all elites!

12 Likes

" * Unpulled rare elites in Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Caverns should now despawn after 15 minutes, unless players are in their immediate vicinity."

Why on earth would you make this change, what purpose does it serve other than making the zone look less dead. Its already hard enough getting to kill any of these anymore and drops rates on some things were already super low, now make them more soloable after 15 at least or something

7 Likes