WoW Hotfixes - January 8

I’m also mad about this change…I don’t get impacted at this moment but I usually think about the impact of new / returning players, besides that this kind of decisions could impact me in the future if Reward Devs are providing this kind of approach…10.2 has really great approach regarding mounts, most mounts have a bad luck protection in place, I got surprised about that but now this hotfix makes me wonder what’s their logic regarding rewards…

Do they think about collectors at all? Are we just a number that they need to push via time sinks?

11 Likes

Man you guys are really out of touch with the player base now days. Just cut the health by 50% and call it a day. I feel like you’re doing this to force players to go back and do this content. I’m disappointed with you guys.

22 Likes

I’m a healer and I gave up farming rates when they had 12 billion health. Lol

6 Likes

Weird change. I Assume for some technical limitation? I’m unsure why it’s happening. If you’re going to do this then you really do need to massively nerf these rare spawns to make them easily soloable.

This is different from the zone wide resets that happen for a lot of zones without 15 minutes of activity but on the same kind of wavelength, which is what made me think this decision is based on technical reasons more than anything else. (Which I also do not like those resets because it makes farming older content a real pain depending on server type.)

7 Likes

You should be nerfing them to make them easier to solo instead of making them even harder to kill.

24 Likes

Players have been requesting HP nerfs to make the dead zone soloable and adding grind is the solution? One of us is missing something here and I feel like it isn’t me.

24 Likes

That’s the thing. This does happen! I don’t know if you know, but a lot of zones do reset after 15 minutes so rares don’t spawn, among other things. It’s been a thing for a good while.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna need you to undo that change to the Zaralek/Forbidden Reach rares right away. Thanks.

16 Likes

You’re thinking of shards. When there’s no player in a shard’s zone for 15 minutes, the shard shuts down and will restart once someone zones in. If someone remains in that zone/shard, rares spawn on their timers as you would expect.

Anyways, back on topic: This hotfix is just beyond tone deaf.

5 Likes

… WHY make the rares despawn? This is a TERRIBLE idea. We wanted them more often, and lower hp or scaling hp for when people are there solo or there’s only a few folks there. Now no one is going to bother at all. :frowning:

13 Likes

Nonsensical change with the rares. Fixing a problem that doesn’t exist. Please reconsider this awful decision. People that already got their drops off these rares have it made in the shade. To hell with everyone else that hasn’t had the time or just gotten unlucky with drops?

Don’t do this…

9 Likes

As someone who actually has all the drops off everything. I too am disgusted with this change. I’ve been an extremely fierce advocate of changing the system of how special encounters work and this “hotfix” is a slap in the face for future and returning players. I am not one of those that laugh in the face of newcomers or returners or people still struggling to obtain things because I KNOW what its like. I KNOW the grind. And ALL OF IT is HORRIBLE! (Yes I even have Karokta mount and it was a type of suffering I never want to go through again.)

22 Likes

I bet they changed it because it highlights how dead ZC is when you zone in and literally every rare is up.

DF content is not going to age well when the next expansion releases and people want to chase cosmetics and achievements. Good luck with the public events.

9 Likes

Absolutely tone deaf, blizzard. Nobody asked for this. Ion Hazzikostas sits on the couch with Preach talking about respecting players and their time, and then you do this. Shameful. This change was discussed, agreed upon, put into practice, and made it to live servers. Multiple individuals and managers who had to green light this change. Shameful.

18 Likes

So if you’ve generously given us information on how long it takes for them to despawn, would you care to let us know how this affects their respawn? Are the silver dragons just going to be going on and off on the map like christmas lights?

6 Likes

Just drop the hp of the rares for us who want to kill them but cant find people to help

13 Likes

because this company is braindead.

It was just a couple weeks ago Ion said, “We now ask ourselves: does this change make the game more fun for the players?”

LOL

10 Likes

I can’t imagine it being very fun in the future when you just arrive to the caverns, see everything up and in your eagerness to get started on the lot, they all despawn before your very eyes because you arrived on the last minute of their allotted 15 minutes of air time.

13 Likes

No, just no. If anything reduce their health pool. This change does nothing except add frustration to a process that’s already been long, tedious, and depends on having groups at the ready constantly. Now if you end up on the rear end of a respawn timer, you miss out for however long it takes for the blasted thing to respawn… :rage:

15 Likes

REVERT THE RARES DESPAWNING. This is not cool or welcomed!!! It will be nearly impossible to ever find them now.

11 Likes