WoW honestly isn't fun anymore

That’s 9.2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The other year and a half was pretty redundant and nauseating for a lot of people from what I observed.

3 Likes

Lets note that you are renown 71, 248 ilvl, and have a 262 legendary. Now to continue, no I do not believe that there should be an easy win button for every alt. I don’t have a problem having to catch up on alts, as that has always been the games design. The issue is that I cannot gear an alt to a competitive item level, get it to full renown, get the conduits maxed, get the legendary(ies) at 291, get the secondary covenants also leveled to 80, have all said gear upgraded with valor/honor, get sockets, and then finally be at a competitive level to play the content that I enjoy without spending weeks grinding for that one character.

4 Likes

I think it’s a bit unreasonable though to be fair. Should these things take time and commitment? Sure to a degree. But the amount of content your character needs to consume pretty much makes it feel more like a job than a game on alts. Let alone on my main when I played.

I used to just do PvP during Cata - WoD. And during MoP - WoD the only thing I was required to do was to make sure I had the gear, had it enchanted/gemmed and I was good to go. Now I need to spam WQs, Choreghast and farm Conduits along with whatever else I’m required to do just to keep up.

To me, this just led to burnout.

16 Likes

Yup, Ion has addressed that in an interview, sadly those changes [if to be believed] will most likely start being seen in 10.0 [from the looks of it]

2 Likes

Ion has change , i can’t wait to see what is 10.0

1 Like

This is true. That being said WoW is likely not the game for you then. Alts have always been inferior to mains for the majority of players. Pick a character and enjoy it and only it if all of your fun is centered around BiS and optimal.

If you think it’s “never been easier to play alts” you’re either being intellectually dishonest, or you only started playing in the last 2 expansions, because that is a laughably bad and objectively false opinion.

19 Likes

Exactly and [if believed] I’ve seen other even higher end players voice that issue you brought up but one mentioning to a newer player they introduced WoW to and told them the list of things they [may or may not need to do] and said person just quit lol

6 Likes

i don’t know what your point is here. this isn’t my main currently. i raided on her last tier but barely touched m+ in s2 and haven’t run any on her yet this season.

that’s correct. but i’m curious what content you enjoy that requires all of these things, when the best players in the world are doing fine without them.

1 Like

Ummm I’m not so optimistic about a person who is overly reliant on analytics and has lied constantly and apologized just as much each time only to repeat the same thing.

7 Likes

Precisely this. Several people have said “WoW may not be the game for you” without inspecting my character achievements. I’ve played since 08. I’m not speaking from a standpoint of “I tried this game and its too grindy for me.” I’m speaking from a perspective of seeing the game having been more approachable and playable for everyone, without punishing those who choose to play alternate characters or take breaks.

6 Likes

Doing fine but I’ve seen them comment on numerous occassions how much they hate this stuff lol [it’s just their mentality goes into gear knowing they need to do X to win Y sorta deal]
[edit; pyri might have blocked me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ]

3 Likes

My only point in referencing your toon was to point out that you too are dealing with the issues that I’m complaining about. If you’re fine just playing an alt that’s behind on individual character progression, then there’s nothing wrong at all. But I enjoy queing high rated arenas, pushing high keys, and in the past raiding high-end content. None of that is available to me with 71 renown, 248 ilvl, and a 262 legendary. Sure, I could just throw my alt into it. But my performance would be heavily impacted by my character’s progression.

2 Likes

I sill get enough out of the game to keep logging in, so its still fun for me. Sorry to hear OP isnt having fun. Maybe a short break from WoW would be of benefit.

1 Like

you only need 57 renown for full soulbind tree what is the problem ?

legendary it’s on you

EHHHHHHHHHHHH. I wouldn’t quiiiiite say that. In PvP that statement is 100% false in previous expansions. And PvE may have had systems in place for people to do outside of the raids, but it pales in comparison to what players have been required to do from Legion onwards.

5 Likes

Maybe take a break from the competitive aspect of WoW. It seems you’re trying to do it all, have alts and be competitive on all of them.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish it was still possible.

1 Like

yeah, you can do it, it all depends on your definition of “a reasonable amount of time”.

1 Like

all feedback is good, even if duplicative, as long as you call out the parts that are detracting from the game experience

duplicative just reinforces it

1 Like

You’re probably exactly right. Like I said above, I have every class at 60. I enjoy playing all of my toons. But I have always been a competitive player, and have always enjoyed doing some form of high-end content. In the past, I’ve been able to maintain multiple equipped alts alongside my main. I played multiple classes in Wrath, with competitive gear on all of them. I played every tank, most healers, and a few DPS in Cata, and maintained competitive gear on all of them. In MoP, I raided US 20, all the way to main tanking for the US 1st 10 man raiding 7 days a week, and still managed to have fully equipped alts to play around on. This problem began in legion, and became an utter nightmare in BFA. The promises made to alleviate the issue in Shadowlands were forgotten, or outright lies. My complaints are with a broken system that punishes players for wanting to deviate from Blizzard’s gating.

7 Likes