Wow Has Lost It's Eden. Gone is the Dungeon Crawl

That gave me a good laugh Qamaits, Thanks :rofl:

1 Like

The OP has a point. Marines depending on the objectives can spend a very short time or a very long time in mission completion.

Yes, the more’s the pity. Maybe I should go back to Everquest. I wonder if my old Barbarian Shaman character is still available on my old account, sitting at a table by the fireplace waiting for me to return to my old home in Halas.

1 Like

Honestly, as soon as someone says this. I know they aren’t here being serious.

What does that have to do with anything?

Thats like me saying " I really wish there was a PVP mode in WoW. Its a shame that there is absolutely no way to experience PVP in WoW".

Everquest has even less of a dungeon crawl experience than WoW at this point.

1 Like

You go left, he can go right. I’ll stay back here and heal.

This is the extent of my tactics lol

Prior to assimilation what did you do for entertainment?

Please don’t get me wrong. I, too, have tapped my foot to a computer generated beat over the decades.

I was happy you qualified your OP by pointing out we still do all those things in challenging M+ keys. Essentially the tactics you describe only make sense when the content is challenging. Heck, we do that stuff for world content on hardcore vanilla servers, because failure is possible and failure has consequences.

Due to popular demand, failure and consequences have been removed from most WoW content. There are a minority of us who enjoy it, but most prefer more of a tourist mode, where they can wander around enjoying the scenery and collecting souvenirs without having to take any chance of things going wrong. All challenging content has been sequestered behind clear gates so that only the few who enjoy it will go there.

THe hardness of dungeons were always in the early weeks of an expansion, then things were easy. this has been a thing in every xpack. Even newer expansions have issues with dungeons the first couple of weeks. dungeon crawl isnt dead, just doesnt exist past the first month of play

I disagree. Many of the dungeons have had great stories behind them.

• Dawn of the Infinite is one of the best dungeons Blizz has ever done, under-appreciated at the moment the same way Halls of Reflection was in its time, because it can be more challenging than most of the others. But aesthetically it is beautiful. Lore-wise it is rich. And game-play-wise, it does an inspired job of simulating time-altering mechanics in several inventive ways.

• Brackenhide Hollow is not as pretty, but the story behind it is solid. We’ve befriended some of the Tuskar, and now they face an existential threat from a tribe of Gnolls who have begun delving into the magic of decay (one of the primal forces on the WoW cosmology chart). Prisoners have been taken and will be eaten by the gnolls unless we rescue them, and this decay stuff is scary enough to concern even one of the aspects. We needed to nip that in the bud. Even so, their leader got away and will probably return in some future xpac.

• Azure Vault told the tragic story of a child left in stasis till a cure could be found, but then the parents both meet untimely demise so no one ever goes back for the child. The setting was beautiful and the simulacrum of Syragosa was a well-developed character most of us could empathize with.

• Uldaman was a classic setting, and the lost dwarves was a fun silly fight.

• Algeth’ar Achademy was maybe my favorite! Dragon school! Like Hogwarts for dragons! The running dialog was fun, the fights were fun, everything about this place was fantastic.

I think sometimes we get stale on content and remember the past with rose-colored glasses. I believe the dungeons of Dragonflight should earn some praise for Blizz’s creative team. I think they did a great job.

2 Likes

If they weren’t effective they wouldn’t be used. As it stands, the Addons tell players exactly what to do and when to do that for every activity in the game. Yes, the Addons do the thinking for you in 2024.

Runaway little girl, runaway!

1 Like

I didnt say they werent effective.

They dont play the game for you.

Just because an add on tells you to do something does not mean its the correct thing to do.

The harder the content gets, the less add ons generally matter.

Mega.
Dungeons.

Yes, it does.

https://wago.io/weakauras

You wouldn’t be able to do the "hard content’ without it.

1 Like

I am aware what weak auras are.

I am trying to figure out the last time any add on or weakaura told me to do anything.

I was running 21-23s tonight. Zero times at any point an add on told me to do anything.

You want to know the number 1 thing add ons are used for? Better UI functionality and timers. Not telling you what to do.

1 Like

cool, then remove the addons and run Mythic+ 21-23 without it and post the video.

1 Like

Why?

That has nothing to do with anything I responded to.

This is why I stated

Every reply has been based on made up situations or completely changing your argument.

1 Like

It’s good that dungeons at the leveling stage have become so easy; their difficulty in the old days was due to leveling playing a significant role in the gameplay, and the final level of content was scarce. Nowadays, we strive to level up as quickly as possible to prepare our characters for a variety of activities: mythic dungeons, arenas, raids, rated battlegrounds, all of which are at the endgame level of content that is not accessible at the lower levels that players want to rush through as quickly as possible to start playing.

Oh? Rita has special abilities or something? I’d like to think I can annoy people too, you know.

Nah, OP just typically never posts in his own threads. Never joins the conversation. Just makes special replies to Rita.

Which I mean.

Fair.

1 Like

This, afaik. People love blaming M+, the timer, LFD
I started in 3.1, and it was always GOGOGO. It wasn’t “pull everything to boss and aoe down” but it wasn’t “poly this, sap and hex that” in normals or heroics.