Wow going to xbox?

Anyone else just read about this?
ttps://comicbook.com/gaming/news/world-of-warcraft-console-rumor-the-game-awards/

Didn’t WoW implement native controller support not too long ago? Doesn’t seem all that far-fetched.

2 Likes

I mean if you believe Activision’s statements to bring Blizzard’s IPs more in line with CoD then yeah it makes sense to bring it to consoles at some point.

Hasn’t this been a “rumor” for literal years? I’ll believe it when I see it.

10 Likes

I gonna get WoW to work on my Nintendo Power Pad

1 Like

Switch or no dice.

7 Likes

I see it being possible with current versions of XBox and PS5 systems since both can have a keyboard and a mouse connected to them .

Not saying it will happen but with the leaps in console technology , it is very possible .

More than years. Years AND years.

1 Like

I have a hard time understanding how you could play WoW on a console unless it’s a completely different version of the game.

1 Like

Other games manage it. People often use FF14 as an example since it has a lot more binds to keep track of.

3 Likes

How would a console version of WoW work when there’s soooo many CD’s and interrupts that last a second or two?

If they manage to bring WoW onto consoles and make it playable, more power to them.

I’m sticking with my PC. I love console gaming in general but MMO’s just work better for me on a PC.

2 Likes

I thought the same for a long time but seeing other games doing it and I actually believe it’s possible, it’s just going to be very complex controller wise but it is possible and I think this is good.

FF14 is on ps4/5 so why not wow on xbox would be cool

1 Like

The day WoW is going to Xbox is the same day ActiBlizz might as well make this game F2P.

Ever since Mists of Pandaria gave Xbox Live Avatars free swag for watching the MoP cinematic trailer, pretty much.

1 Like

pretty much already is with how easy gold is to get

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too sure on that.

You do realize those games were built for console first then PC after right? Hence why they work on consoles. (ESO/FFXIV). WoW was NEVER built with console in mind.

2 Likes

how is it not?