WoW Freezing up PC

Even more suspecious now of shader cache causing this cos installing new driver will invalidate shader cache then couple of days later you get freezes again, really hoping tho you fixed it tho Ratscal.

Anyway i saw nvidia user post this issue and it was fixed in the past by clearing shader cache its the exact same issue from 2 years ago

https://imgur.com/hrNRess this is on a rtx 3060 btw not an AMD gpu, clearing shader cache used to fix this bug for me 2 years ago when i had a gtx 1080, if there is a shader cache issue with wow then it may be giving different results with AMD, heck that is why there is so much stuttering as well right now probably, cos the cache is not working correctly or not correctly loading into gpu memory probably.

Anyway Ratscal can you report back in a week or so if you aren’t gonna keep clearing shader cache that is daily before starting up the game that is ?

Good deal Ratscal - thanks for reporting back.

Have you had any luck with the 22.5.1? I saw on AMD’s site that 22.5.1 is the earliest one with Windows 11 and 22.3.1 doesn’t show up on their list anymore from what i can tell

AMD makes you search for old drivers. They do exist on the support site.

AMD Drivers and Support | AMD

Select your graphics card on that support page - then “Submit”. On the next page that opens check down the page and you will see a small blue link labeled “Previous Drivers”.

1 Like

If had gpu driver crashes least about weekly on older drivers its a game issue Blizzard broke something and AMD users are just unlucky it hits them harder then Nvidia users.
If gone from 3 days no system freezes to every couple of hours to every 4 to 2 hours even there no way this is a hardware issue either if seen about 20 reports about same issue overwhelming majority all run windows 11 and full AMD system mostly rx 5000 and 6000 users, it does not hurt to try older drivers tho if personally gone back to 22.3.1 before testing on windows 10 currently but also treating it like a memory leak issue and restarting the game if vram usage or memory usage is going up a lot.

I have been having this exact experience. Wow locks up my computer. SOmetimes the whole computer, sometimes just wow and when i click onto my desktop on my 2nd monitor then the computer locks up. Like others, my sound continues. THe kicker is that I don’t use any AMD products in my PC.

I have an Intel 13900K and a Nvidia 4090, but am experiencing the same issues of freezing up the computer. It happened with “older” drivers and also continues after I’ve updated drivers.

1 Like

Same problem. Ryzen 5 3400g and 5600xt. I have no problems with ANY game. It’s unplayable, I don’t know what happens, it crashes mainly in dungeons and my PC freezes.

2 Likes

Ok i take back what i said up there.

I fixed my issue

I used 2 separate PCI-E cords from my PSU into my GFX card - not just a single one with the two outlets. I have tested this on two different PSU’s. On both they are unstable using a single PCI cord - on both it is stable on two PCI power cords.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.