WoW foums broken in Brave Browser for anyone else?

Never heard of this browser but clearing this is a “you” issues and not a “Blizzard” one as others are clearly using it to interact with the forums.

I’m using Brave. Disabled chrome ages ago due to the ads. Only on mobile though. Sometimes the comment box decides to hide itself but that’s about it.

Desktop it’s Firefox all the way.

Agreed with clearing out the cookies and cache. Also make sure you’re updated to the most recent version of Brave. I’m having no issues with it whatsoever.

Brave is a browser with extra security features.

Brave is kinda sketch IMO, I don’t trust any company doing their own ad-stuff to actually care about privacy, no matter how much noise they make. If you’re going to use anything chrome-based I think the better bet is ungoogled-chromium with uBlock Origin installed.

Anywho, it’s a chromium-based browser and I doubt it’s doing anything different enough in terms of rendering to break the WoW forums. I’d bet the problem is on your end, OP. Easy way to confirm this is to try browsing the WoW forums in a fresh install of Brave inside a virtual machine (look up VirtualBox).

I’ve seen other posts from other browser users about this. I’ve tried clearing all browsing data to no success.

I just type wow forums into Google, and click on the link usually.

There is this post from Months ago when I first started having the issue. It’s probably the same reason Firefox was redirecting.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/forum-main-page-unending-refresh-loop/554789

Brave quickly became my favorite browser. I don’t bother with any of the others anymore. I’m also using Brave with no issues on the forums.

For me it’s not about the security aspect of it so much as it is the power of it’s built in ad blocker. You don’t have to turn on their ads, so it’s a win-win unless they end up forcing their ads to be on at some point. :slight_smile:

Major browser to you maybe never heard of and ive worked IT at fortune 1000 and 500 companies before.

Heck ice weasel is more popular

Also just use a mainstream browser for crying out loud. You are talking about a game forum not researching cancer

1 Like

Just swapped to Brave to see if anything funky happening for me. Nothing to report here. Sorry.

To each his own, but I have yet to run into ads that either Firefox with uBlock Origin or Safari with Wipr can’t handle. Probably depends on the sites one frequents though, I make a point to try to avoid using sites that are too ad-laden, even with blockers enabled.

Their ads are also less intrusive than normal web ads. A little notification pops up, and you close it. Think I have $50 in Brave bucks that will explode if the Browser takes off. You get paid to view up to five ads an hour. Most of them about cryptocurrencies.

chrome itself is trash

For sure, uBlock is a powerful tool and is what i used before. This just works for me at the moment. I’m sure at some point i’ll be searching for a new browser though. It always happens at some point lol.

Anyone use Lynx on the forums?

I know the feeling, tbh none of the browsers out really meet my whims at the moment. I’d probably have to fork one of the big guys and make my own UI modifications to get what I want.

It’s a bug in Blizzard’s end. It’s browser independent and only impacts so many accounts and only on specific browsers.

Brave is made by the founder of Mozilla, after he left over disagreements. I think it’s the same person responsible for Javascript. It would show up as Chromium or Chrome on one of those listings.

This is an actual issue for Blizzard. you trolling me just makes it stand out.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/forum-main-page-unending-refresh-loop/554789/3

Given how there is stuff still broken with this software. Even after the forum has been up as long as it has. I wouldn’t hold my breath on support.

Brave isn’t a “major browser”; even if it’s chromium we all know it comes with a much much tighter privacy configuration that likely isn’t suitable for most sites.

It’s not a Brave issue. It’s a bug on Blizzard’s end for all browsers. Probably has very specific triggers.