Wow, doesn't feel like Warcraft anymore?

Stock is more fluid and more likely to matter from an invester standpoint.

But not a company standpoint

Less investors is less growth.

I’m also hearing lots of slashes are happening on their end these days too…

:thinking:
Fewer investors doesn’t alter the number of shares.

Well it also does mean less profit.

No, it doesn’t. Just stop. It’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m embarrassed for you, even if you lack the self-awareness to be embarrassed for yourself.

1 Like

If I want to believe Disney isn’t doing well then you can’t change my mind.

Nor would I waste much time trying to (I’m about at my limit now, in fact).

But you need to recognize that your beliefs in this matter bear no relation to reality, and just because you believe a thing does not mean that thing is true or real.

About the same way 2023 doesn’t feel like 2003.

When I no longer see Captain Marvels face, hanging like a banner from a public terminal or the Ahsoka series falling short then I will start drawing my own conclusions about Disneys pacing these days.

Sure, Ard, whatever you say.

Do either of you really care if Disney is failing?

I see it as a chance for Star Wars to eventually fall into better hands…but it’ll be some time yet.

The perception what’s good for Star Wars and what isn’t…is pretty mundane. Take two star wars fans. One could like everything Disney does with it. One could hate everything that Disney does with it. Those two people could hate each other for that. Swap hands - Same effect. What you’re saying is what “You” and those of similar belief feel is best, is in fact best.

Congrats on solving mass fatalities over religion for about the last 10,000 years.
(obvious hyperbole)

4 Likes

The big diffrence I feel is that the original Star Wars films where good enough to the point that Lucas could meaningfully build Star Wars into the prequels that while not as good story telling wise is still as culturall significant as the originals with things like Republic Commando, Clones Wars by Genndy Tartakovsky, the newer series of The Clone Wars.

In comparison the Sequals are so bad…that they’ve got nothing to build off of. Just a cliff that falls off into an abyss of meaninglessness. Nobody cares about Rey Skywalker.

5 Likes

Disney has lost $172 Billion dollars in market cap since 2020. Their shareholders haven’t received dividends in 3 years.

The company is going to probably start selling off some of their brands as well, to stem the bleeding. Covid crushed their park revenue, it recovered some this past year, but they need to make a ton of cuts in order to stay profitable.

I don’t know why you’re arguing with Ak, he will never back down. He is always right, and quick to point out that anyone that disagrees with him doesn’t know what they’re talking about. He is an agitator that uses this forum as a personal soap box. Best not to engage. This goes for his little fan group that usually sides with him.

They have created a major echo chamber out of these forums the last few years.

5 Likes

The star wars hotel was ridiculously expensive for what it was.

2 Likes

You know Tuwen, the point of the Ignore function is so that you don’t have to think about the subject right?

And this is all that matters.

Irrational belief over facts and data.

Person who doesn’t back down and believes they are right and only likes engaging with their own fan base group complains someone else acts like they are right.

3 Likes

I mean, if we’re going to be talking about studios that aren’t doing well most recently Universal would likely be the one to beat; they spent 400 million on the exorcist IP and got a 52 million dollar return after 30 million in production costs.

Which via movie profitability math would put them at like… -8 million.