Wow, doesn't feel like Warcraft anymore?

There was never implicitly or explicitly anything in the narrative against women becoming commanding officers in the stormwind military. This isn’t pushing an agenda. Modern wow has a lot of pushing agendas or beliefs, but this isn’t a case.

2 Likes

:joy:

Yea, it’s just a coincidence the hordes captain is also a woman imitating a man.

Instead of doing a throwback to the old warcraft 2 franchise and modeling the characters after those two captains on the box art, something that would set the tone for new players,

They use it as an opportunity to push their weird agenda, gender swapping roles and blackwashing the stormwind humans.

2 Likes

‘Orc women aren’t suited to being warriors.’

That’s a helluva take.

EDIT: Also who the hell cares what the WC2 boxart was? This isn’t WC2. Hell, WoW’s old enough that there are players that haven’t played any of the related RTSes.

2 Likes

But here’s the question, if the game is not being made for people who want to play the game, then where does that revenue come from? If no one wants to play the game, why would anyone stick around and pay them money?

3 Likes

Did I say that? What made you feel the need to make up a quote.

Please direct me to any traditionally feminine orc woman.

Dude, please, come on.

If there was a single line of a character saying: “Wow I can’t believe you’re a captain, thats so rare for a woman”. Or a sequence where someone questions her authority based on her gender and then “learns” a lesson. In fact, she is a mom, is there anything more traditional than raising a kid into a good adult?

2 Likes

You implied it with your ‘concern’ about a woman being the commanding officer of a new player’s first mission.

2 Likes

Gears did representation well by the 3rd game.

Their world had spiraled so far into hell that women had to take up arms at that point.

WoW…what did I come back to. Now the presence of women in the military that have achieved a high rank is political, and somehow bad for the game?

I knew you had some extreme views after you linked that far-right gaming site the other day…but you keep surprising me with the outlandish stuff you say

I guess if nothing else, I’m impressed that you’ve managed to say the stuff you do without getting banned or your posts deleted

6 Likes

It’s amazing and I love it.

1 Like

I don’t live in the US. Its not outlandish at all for the rest of the world.

So the American company, developing an game in America, should pat women on the shoulder and say “You’re a credit to your species. I’m surprised your not in the kitchen and not dying like cattle.” to not scare the rest of the world?

Yes yes! Please continue!

2 Likes

Ah, well, at least that is a good sign that Blizz moderation still hasnt given up and is allowing this place to be overrun with hateful rhetoric.

I was becoming worried after they let the antisemitic post stay up for more than a day

2 Likes

At this point, I’m solidly convinced they’re just hardcore drunkposting. Like, there’s letting the veil slip, and then there’s just going full-on BIOTRUTHS.

1 Like

The fact this was posted by a female blood elf is something I missed but man does it just make this whole thing better.

That’s what makes it so funny lol

3 Likes

Just remember that such things are possible because civilization has reached the point where we can take a substantial amount of causalities without destroying ourselves as a species.

If those numbers drop drastically however…lets just say reality will bring its harsh reminders.

OK. I’m going to be incredibly charitable and ask what you mean by this. I suspect I know what the answer will be, but I want to hear you out first.

It falls into the same kind of territory of women being on the field police officers.

Ok they can be but because of their size, they generally have to rely on possibly of using lethal force as a deterrent more than say a male would during intense situations.

So in encouraging unrealistic expectations the argument could be made that you’re increasing the probability of putting someone at risk in a RL situation, if they have trouble distinguishing what is fantasy and what isn’t.

Damn. I agreed with the originl sentiment this thread was trying to make.

But it’s not the inclusivity that bothers me. I dont even really understand what that has to do with the quality of the game at all. For me its just that the game no longer feels like an MMO or an RPG and the adventure/exploration/open world community aspect of the game is dead. But thats why they released classic. Its perfect for that very thing.

Everyone should be free to discuss their issues with the game, but i fail to see how arguing the politics of a game, rather than the gameplay isnt a waste of your time, unless you’re a troll just wanting reactions because of boredom. At that point just play something else lol

2 Likes

Oh I bet it’s going to be hilariously stupid.

2 Likes