Wow Companion App still broken

My companion app still can’t get past connecting using mobile data. Tried everything on every forum I could find. T-mobile on a Galaxy S9. How do I fix this?

You dont. Blizz wont waste resources fixing this until Shadowlands. Its been busted for me for well over a year.

2 Likes

Yup, I haven’t been able to get the app to connect via mobile data for the past two days and counting. Not sure if T-Mobile changed something on their end, or if it’s Blizz’s fault. Either way, I hope there is a solution found soon.

2 Likes

The app hasn’t worked for me since 8.3 went live.

Hello Friends,

Thank you all for the reports! Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please reply back with the following information?

• App version # (can be found within the settings menu of device OS)
  • Device Model
  • Device OS version

Thanks!

1 Like

How odd. @Kyrnage you are not displaying as Blue.

Hi Kyrnage,

I am still seeing the issue; it’s been two weeks now. The app works just fine over Wi-Fi, but I can’t connect over cellular data. I’ve talked to T-Mobile and they swear that it’s not an issue on their end. I had my friend test with his iPhone 11, also on the T-Mobile network, and he has no issues. Perhaps it’s a problem with Samsung/Android? Anyway, here’s my info:

App version is: 2.3.32968, which is the latest version for me as of today (Feb. 13th).
Device Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
Device OS: Android 10 (up-to-date as of today, as well.)

I DC when I try to login to an individual. Been six weeks at least.

1 Like

Latest companion version. Works fine over mobile or WiFi on my iphoneX, iOS 13.3.1

Latest companion version does NOT connect on my Note9/android10 (mobile or WiFi via mobile hotspot).

Same info as Xerus. App not connecting to battle.net. Reinstalling doesn’t help.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Note 10 plus, sprint. I know t-mobile bought sprint and all but it hasn’t worked since I installed it a while ago.

I’m not sure if my companion app is broken or not. I’m basically doing the second round of missions but I can’t see them on my phone. I can open the app and connect with it just fine but I can’t do anything regarding Legion. Do I have to go through some more missions as like a tutorial thing or is there something wrong that I can’t do missions on my phone?

I have Samsung note 9 and have not been able to login to the companion app. I get unable to connect or ensure I have the latest update. I do have the latest update… What’s going on?

New Samsung s20 ultra same issue as my old phone on tmobile.
I have 5G now same issue.
Works on Wifi

1 Like

App version: Latest (2.3.32968)
Device Model: Huawei P30 pro
Device Os version: Android 10 Latest update

Could you please fix this before Shadowlands?.
Thank you.

Version: 2.3.32968
Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Same issue on T-Mobile cellular
Samsung Galaxy S20
Android 10

When I went to another country a few months ago and hopped on their local cellular network, the app worked just fine. However, when I came back to the US and hopped back onto T-Mobile cellular, it stopped working. So the app is fine… its something with T-Mobile cellular it seems. Works fine when on Wi-Fi regardless.

Has anyone actually had any success in contacting T-Mobile about this?

So I had this same issue on t-mobile and was able to fix it.
Not sure if it’s blizzard or t-mobile.

Under access point you have to set it for ipv4 and ipv6 not just ipv6 or it will not work.

https:// community.t-mobile. com/network-coverage-5/t-mobile-blocking-hearthstone-game-2706

Added a space since I can’t post links

Here’s that T-mobile forum page, directly accessible:

https://community.t-mobile.com/network-coverage-5/t-mobile-blocking-hearthstone-game-2706

The upshot of that forum thread is that you have to work with your provider’s tech support to configure your device to allow IPv4 as well as IPv6 over their network.

HOLY SMOKES!! Thank you! That appears to have been it.

I checked my Access Point settings and sure enough it was IPv6 only, but it was also greyed out and I couldn’t edit it. I called up a T-mobile tech, we created a duplicate where I set IPv4/IPv6 for both APN protocols. Somehow this triggered the ability to edit the original AP, so I fixed that, deleted the dup AP, (rebooted phone) and now my app opens on the cellular network again.

Huzzah!

P.S. I think it worked in another country because the default for Roaming was IPv4. Explains so much.

1 Like