WoW Classic Update Schedule and Free Character Moves

You just ask :slight_smile:

ht tps://discord.gg/DRf45q

Anyone know if there are any restrictions on the number of characters you can transfer? Obviously folks have bank alts, etc. by now.

Nope, as long as the transfer is open you can migrate as many as you need.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to advertise the release date for phase 2 as the release date for the honor system. As the actual content is honor grinding and world bosses not moving to 1 layer?

I started my server transfer last night at 10:40pm on my main. It estimated 1 hour and 7 minutes. It is now 2:18pm the following day and it still has not transferred… All of my friends I am transferring with are also still in a “Transferring” status… Whats going on?

Thalnos is trash for anyone who is not already in an established guild. If a person likes zerg mentality raiding, or following the same boring mindless strategies every week then that person will be fine on Thalnos. For a person who doesn’t wish to follow brainless raid leaders with no gift of forethought , this server is trash.

Just means a ton of people trying to xfer at the same time. Causing it to take longer than the estimated time.

Started my transfer at 11ish PM last night, still waiting for any movement/progress of any kind, all my chars are still on their previous server.

I wish I could say I was surprised, but since Classic WoW was announced, the Classic team has done nothing but underestimate player interest in nearly every way possible, so not preparing for the amount of transfers that would inevitably happen in this wave is par for the course.

15+ hours and counting on the transfer. Apparently it can take up to 72 hours when they’re really swamped, so be prepared to wait a few days to be able to use your paid game time again. Wouldn’t be so frustrating if they were just upfront about the wait time, but their “Estimated Time:” has been at 1hr 17 min for 15 hours, so there’s zero transparency and you gotta just wait blindly until they get their act together. Gah.

Interesting… none of your suggestions really make all that much sense.

Accepting status quo is lazy, unimaginative, and almost never a solid solution for anything long-term.

This is the kind of mentality that companies like Blockbuster had when Netflix first came out.

Those are examples of responses you will get from players representing the grossly dominating faction. Sorry if that was unclear.

So Stalagg was already marked as 1 layer. Now there’s a queue. That doesn’t make a lot of sense unless a TON of people came back tonight for… no content?

At any rate, the horde on my server aren’t leaving, and now I can’t transfer my characters to any server? I know Heartseeker was full, but why isn’t Arcanite Reaper an option? The queue screen indicates transfers are available, but I have no choices to transfer to avoid the queue? That hardly seems fair.

The barrier to faction transfers was lifted at the end of WotLK, like 3.3 I’m fairly certain. I remember that day vividly because I ran on wild hammer that was a pvp server relatively balanced, then a bunch of ally’s transferred to horse and I saw several familiar names raiding/blowing up the storm wind AH

I just reread… No, that wasn’t your fault. I misread. I apologise!

Some people will come back for the world bosses.

Restricting those server transfers to one faction was stupid as heck imo. People aren’t going to want to go from an ideal situation - server horde heavy to a crappy one - server alliance heavy.

It litterally said Horde-only transfer for Stalagg. You guys might want to check the blue post again to get your facts right before you post on forums. K thx bai.

Lmao. You’re responding to a 5 day old post. Any cursory research would demonstrate easily that at the time these transfers were opened, they were not faction restricted. In fact, the whole reason there’s been so much drama is because Alliance started transferring, and then got cut off from the rest of their friends/guilds when the faction restriction went into effect.

See Blue Post:

If it was ALWAYS faction restricted, there wouldn’t need to be a blue post about reversing transfers for the people who got split from their friend groups would there?

You might want to try critical thinking before you post on the forums.

Or you know. Just reading before posting and making yourself look like a clown is good too. K thx bai.

As much as Ragefist & I disagree on a great many things… He is correct in this case.

The “Horde only” garbage didn’t show up until 2-3 hours into the transfer window, after several players got through, splitting guilds, friends, etc mid-transfer.

That is what most of the commotion is about, and why there have been a lot of Alliance players saying they were just giving up.

Not that I really feel it’s going to do much to balance populations unless they give Horde incentive to transfer, but it is what it is.

1 Like

and it will become possible for Azuregos and Kazzak to spawn.<

Can anything be done for those guilds who are going to camp these bosses and prevent other players from being able to take part? There is already a guild on my server with player in position to camp these, and warlocks in the area to quickly summon the group there. their plan is to basically farm it and make it impossible for anyone else to take part.

Still don’t know what you’re talking about. The incentive is the queue that servers that are dealing with layering removal are dealing with. Faerlina had a 2 hour queue last night on Tuesday… biggest raid night of the week. We’re seeing a big influx on heartseeker that is already helping offset a bit of the imbalance.

why aren’t you putting in payed character Transfer. i think it’s about time. me and many people would like to play with there friends with out giving up on there characters that they put there heart in to.