WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

2 Likes

While, as a vanilla player, I am disappointed not to be invited - I don’t mind the idea of popular streamers receiving invites over people who actually played vanilla and know what to expect from the world.

With that said, I wish the beta was sent out to less toxic streamers rather than promoting people who have massive twitch streams with disgusting chat and trolling natures perpetuating a toxic community with their actions and their words. There are plenty of streamers who are not toxic (Tradechat for one, who did get into the beta) who could help to bring attention to the game as well.

I’m not overly concerned with being invited for beta it would be nice but at the end of the day millions of people played vanilla so not everyone is getting an invite based on that alone.

1 Like

What do you mean when you say “the age of the account?!” Do you look into how new, or old the account is when sending out beta invites? How old the person is playing said account when sending out beta invites?

1 Like

So many years playing and no invite , lame !

1 Like

Good outlook! It sucks I know, from experience as I bought time just for a chance. But it is what it is at the end of the day and i’m sure as beta comes closer to a end a lot more players will be allowed in when they have everything they pretty much need/want.

You look at how old accounts are yea? But alot of us that have been playing since launch arent getting in because we made a 2nd (Horde) account and lost the info to our original account so it doesnt count? or is it the BATTLENET account youre looking at? Because i have one from MoP/WoD and one from Classic on my account (You restored my old account for me once you got into the old classic servers TYVM FOR THAT! OMG IT WAS SO COOL SEEING TOMES FOR FIRST AID!) and it feels like youre not counting the one from classic because it hasnt been active in years, it would really suck if that was true, My other account has been active.

Thank you all for the feedback and the CM for helping keep the forums up to date! :slight_smile: it greatly helps them with what data they need to know for the stress test that they cannot see on their end.

What about accounts created in 2004/2005 that have since been transferred onto a different “WoW2” account in 2018? My original pre-Battlenet account was my real name, which I then had to transfer away from for fear of dox’ing while streaming.

Does my account still show as being 14 years old, or is it 1 year old?

1 Like

Huh? Really?

3 Likes

You have 2 accounts then, 1 showing as 14 yeas old and the other showing X years old however many years ago you got your 2nd account However what im wondering is if someone lost their old wow account and got it restored when they did all the restorations are considered to be unsubbed for X years even though they were still playing. For example i lost my account, shared one with my sister, once MoP rolled around i made my own account, i got my old one back with the account restorations. Am i considered Unsubbed since BC when i got hacked? am i considered 14 year vet even though my active account was made in MoP? I know we are asking alot of specifics but if we can get info on what kind of ticket to open to find out this info (Even just a random one that will take a month to get an answer) would be nice to know.

If if their process is:

10% Streamers/Media
80% Accounts from 2004-March 2005
2% Accounts from Vanilla
2% Accounts from TBC
2% Accounts from Wrath
2% Accounts from Cataclysm
2% Accounts from MoP

That doesn’t guarantee that every 2004 account will get in. There are a lot of us still. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s at least 20,000 out of 350,000 of the Super OG team trying to get in again.

1 Like

Clearly, what you’re saying is “The Streamers we invited are enough we don’t need or want you normal people who are actually knowledgeable about the game”.

4 Likes

Didn’t get any invitation for any testing season ever. I don’t really know how the selection algorithm works, for non streamers.
Said that one does not has to be a senior software tester to be passionate about the game and help with testing, but as a senior testing engineer I’d love to help. Fourteen years ago WoW made me choose my career with i’m in love to this day, this is not just a game, this is personal.
I’ll keep waiting, GL people, love you.

2 Likes

As much as I am desperately wanting to get an opportunity to test beta, which I have been doing during the stress test period and scouting for any bugs, and as disappointed as I am having played since December of 2004, I do completely understand why their selection process is the way it is. Streamers give awareness and media. It’s frustrating that some whom have only played since Legion also got in, but so be it. And of course, beta invites are limited. If everyone got in it’d basically be releasing a demo of the game.

So all of that is fine … What is infuriating, is the amount of people that have gotten a REAL beta invite whom have voiced hating it and not even playing the beta nor testing, and having no interest in playing classic. So I really am hoping that during these reevaluations of the desired testing population, that they are looking at who is actually USING the beta and not just invited but sitting on their account untouched. Honestly, it’s incredibly unfair for limited space to be wasted on people that hate the classic version of the game and are not playing it.

Regardless, here’s hoping for more invites and in the meantime let’s just be glad that Blizzard is even giving us classic WoW. Everyone went from whining about how they aren’t making classic to whining about how they didn’t get in the beta. It sucks. Yes. But this is how it works. To those of you that did get in beta… Please actually use it. Good luck everyone!

Actually, when they did the full account transfer they delete the old pre-battlenet account completely (it’s not one of the options in my launcher anymore. My transaction history also has no data in it. A CM told me there is a note in my account about the transfer and all of the information so that I could keep all of the Collector Edition things.

1 Like

Based on the “Not A Bug List” I’d say your right! /s

1 Like

Since you’re not taking on any more beta testers and I don’t trust anyone currently in beta to report this…

(Note: This information is from the stress test realm)

Stormwind Keep seems to be missing the top half of its doodad… I can see the entrance plus the throne room ceiling from the bridge across the canal in front of it.

How it currently looks on the stress test realm:

LINK_https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/hh540/SMBComix/0/14b6ab19-c350-4b7a-b323-79d8ead5b458-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

How it SHOULD look:

LINK_https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/b/bb/Stormwind_Keep.jpg

Is a current WoW sub still required to be selected for beta?

Yes, but they’re not sending any more invites to beta out.

Theyre SLOWING invites; meaning unless you prove youre a viable asset they wont send you one at this point.