WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

GG

/10char

I would love to be involved in the Beta, I have opted in, an active subscription and have played since Classic. I don’t know the algorithms for determining who gets into the beta, but I would think to be a prime candidate…

I just resubbed because I was on vacation until yesterday, am v old acct (2/05), and this saddens me :(((((

PS I stream?

:stuck_out_tongue: IDK I am just here to complain and feel sad feels. GL to all.

I wonder if one of these factors is inviting people who were DMCA’d and continued to produce content from private servers through a medium outside of Twitch. :thinking:

I definitely understand inviting and encouraging such creative influence to build anticipation for the release, but the lack of actually beta testing that is happening is infuriating. Racing to 30 and holding PvP tournaments seems a little ridiculous.

2 Likes

Now that many of us have had our PTR accounts removed, because we understood it to be blocking our access to the Beta, is there anything else we need to do to ensure that we’re fully in the running for any later invites?

I’d hate to have had the process ‘pass me over’ because of the PTR, and never come back around to have a chance again.

I have been trying to play since it started I couldnt even make a character until 7pm Pacific time. My time was 4pm-6pm. It said realm wasnt available. Than it says world server down.

1 Like

It wont let me enter the server!! “world server is down” after waiting in long queue. Is this getting fixed so we can get in??

1 Like

Irritating right? Hope they fix it soon.

Yep theyve lost my sub at least.

Way to alienate your most loyal fans in place of freshies and streamers.
I guess at least we can watch the streamers and everyone around them having fun at a level30 meta that will never again happen. A unique experience… much fun to be had with such a level cap

“Oh you want to have fun thats why they didnt invite you its for testing and testing is serious business”
Get lost with that. A seriously bad argument some of you are making. Many are those spouting this are already actually having said fun in the beta. The hypocrisy…

3 Likes

The people who got into the beta seems to attack those who aren’t at every chance they get on here

2 Likes

This is Blizzard’s diplomatic way of saying that Beta invites are, for all intents and purposes, over (with the occasional super lucky person excepted).

I plan on keeping subbed, a chance is better then no chance. They said decreasing not stopping invites. Eventually some people will get bored / stop leveling, some will start leveling new toons and new new people too fill those party/dungeon slots in.

1 Like

Need to flip that 180 degrees around. I’m not a streamer, I’m not a lackey to a streamer. If I cross paths with one(And I have), so be it, but I’m not going out of my way to seek them out.

Now go back through these threads and look at how people are often describing everyone who is in the beta. I understand where they’re coming from, most in the beta do as well, as we also spent days waiting for our own invites to come in. We get it. But the people hurling insults around because it isn’t them personally really need to take a step back, relax, and maybe swallow half-a-dozen proverbial chill pills.

They’re actively seeking reasons to be offended and feel slighted at this point, and speaking from a place where they are often willfully utterly oblivious to the slights they are dealing out in the process.

4 Likes

I’m not saying everyone is like that but there are a good bit of people who are in the beta that intentionally come into almost every post to say someone isn’t deserving of an invite and I have no doubt in my mind if they were on the other side they would have a very different attitude I congratulate everyone who gets in and hope they have fun though

Did anyone else have issues logging into the Classic game server? I finally got to the creation screen and could not get into the stress test. I also experienced many disconnects from the server.

Since I didn’t get in this time, does that mean I will not be invited to the next one?

1 Like

You’re probably safe enough, they know a lot of accounts were trying to get in during the focused testing window and never managed to do so.

Even the people who did get in had issues getting connected in the first place.

Many of the Closed Beta players(myself included) subsequently went on to have problems logging back into the Closed Beta realms after the final round of intended mayhem on the Stress Test had wrapped.

2 Likes

Yeah, for sure…I genuinely want to help make Classic launch smoothly.

You don’t need crazy commitment for a stress-test, but I can only do so much on these forums. ~_~

Oh well, at least I can pay for the game once it comes out. I told myself to stop visiting these forums since I 100% won’t get in, but the stress test gave me hope for a minute.

Turns out I’ll need to step away from the forums again and maybe just check on my ‘Classic performance’ thread from time to time…

1 Like

I hope I can maybe get an invite to the beta, remaining hopefull with some of the others here. My accounts 10 years old and I have 5 years of game content creation so I know how to look for bugs easier. Best of luck to you guys, remain hopefull if you want a key blizzard may come through for you

I was part of original vanilla beta (submitted real bugs), hit rank 14 in vanilla pre-nerf, GM of biggest guild on original vanilla launch server who raided and pvp’ed at highest tier.

I’m not sure what other invitation criteria you guys came up with behind closed doors but I’m deeply disappointed by new blizzard standard going down the drain like EA.

Except let me guess you haven’t paid Blizzard a dollar over the last 10 years?