WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

I got booted off and had to wait in Que to get to the realm screen like 5 times then when that wasn’t a problem I got stuck at character creation and it kept saying that it timed out!!! I literally tried for 2 full hours to get in because I didn’t get invited to closed Beta. I was so excited when I got invited to the stress test and then couldn’t even play :frowning: Im not mad about the streamers getting in because I saw them having trouble too! But im just disappointing I didn’t get in!, and I hope that by luck somehow I get an invite to Beta!

3 Likes

Serious question. How were the regular streamers able to log on and make chars at will while the server was offline? Honestly wondering. Im stuck at Character creation timed out. i have gotten there 4 times in the past 2 hours and 46 mins.

1 Like

Has anyone that got the “Character creation timed out” error been able to move past it? And if so, how? Did you just keep trying? Or were you restarting the game each time?

I logged in 6 times over an hour time period and got stuck in a queue only to get to the realm list of one pvp realm available and it was locked. I never got into the game, which does not bother me in the least. I was happy to get an invite to test.

I am still not sure at this point that I will want to play Classic when it is released. Yet I will test whatever it is that Blizzard needs me to test, even if it is only to sit in a queue to test the login. I am currently trying to get all my alts leveled to 120 before 8.2 dropped to take advantage of not only the catch gear, but be able to jump right into the current content. That said, I will test whatever needs to be tested with whatever time that I am given to do so. All these people whining over not getting access to beta is pretty damn sad and leaves at least me with all these people feeling some sense of entitlement. I have beta tested a couple of expansions to date and every time I have felt privilege to get selected to do so. I don’t whine and cry if I do not get to participate. I just wait like everyone else for the expansion to drop.

I have been playing since mid 2008 and I just feel happy to be of service when and if Blizzard or any other company wants me to assist in helping them in whatever capacity they need me to do so. I don’t whine and cry and complain when I do not get something that someone else received. I also don’t throw a fit and threaten to unsub or leave the game because I did not get picked over someone else. I really don’t care who gets access, just as long as the access they are given is used to actually test and do whatever else Blizzard is asking of them to do throughout the process of testing.

I match 0 out of 5 of those criteria and I’m in closed beta?

1 Like

I got an invite to stress test and I do not fit any of the 5 items you have listed here. I guess you just feel like many the need to feel entitled and whine because you did not get something other people did. I personally, do care or whine over not getting access beta testing this game over so many years of playing it. That said, this the third time since 2008 I have been given the privilege to do whatever level of testing Blizzard needs of me to do so. I logged in 6 times in the two hour period and got stuck in a queue only to get to a realm list with one server locked. I am not even upset in the least about not actually getting into the game itself to create and level a character to level 5 or whatever level the cap is presently. If all I was supposed to do is stress test the login, then I did so and move on without the least bit of complaint. I will do whatever else Blizzard needs of me in the coming weeks to test, whether that is inside or outside of the actual game content itself. I am just happy to participate and feel privileged to be able to do so without pretenses.

3 Likes

blizzard i am waiting my beta access ive been playin since BC i will legit test this game out for you

Well this is fun watching streamers and others on twitch enjoying GMs summoning bosses and having fun. Can’t wait to play in August. But oh wait I won’t get to experience that. :thinking:

gotta love “Character Creation Timed Out”

1 Like

I was online and in the game before Asmond, Esfand and what all were in the game. I heard them mention the server was offline while I was on it. That realm login selection isn’t quite as truthful as you might like to think it to be. I don’t know what Blizzard was doing for that to be going on, but it certainly was.

hmm fair enough. thank you.

Agreed! I had a really great time in the stress test and would eagerly like an opportunity to test more of the game after my access is gone, but I wish everyone luck as well. I believe that it’s better for the community, so even if I don’t get in, I would like more invites to go out to the player base.

1 Like

Exactly; love this comment! I was happy to stare the character creation screen for a couple of hours in order to help Blizzard in any way possible to ensure a smooth launch day. Hopefully all of the data they received just from today will be really helpful for their servers.

So, you’re telling me it is now safe to cancel my subscription until August, and go back to playing private servers? Thanks for the heads up!

7 Likes

I would like to stream the Beta, I hope when slots start opening up I can get in the next round of invites. Hopefully I can get into the next stress test, I was stuck in character creation this time around. Blizzard’s and your great effort to bring this gem back to life is much appreciated keep up the good work!

Dream comes true~ Thank you Dady Blizzard!

Nice essay, Scheezo. Only problem is watching streamers play really doesn’t do it for me, but if it does for others, more power to them. Besides that, there’s more to life than waiting in a queue, so being able to multitask keeps it from being a negative experience. If I can’t play, I can still watch the Red Sox.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/428480138?t=00h35m01s

I see a lot of mad people about how certain people get to practice playing for 3 months and honestly I see a very easy fix to all of this. Why not cut it in half. Let this string of players play for 1.5 months then wipe the servers and send invites out to new players and let others play as well and maybe they’ll spot stuff the others didn’t. Now that being said from a promotional view point and i know a lot of people would be mad but the streamers in my honest opinion should have access to both parts of this. Its just good for both sides. It promotes the game we all know and love and keeps them occupied and interested. Just my two cents though. Hope whoever wants in gets in <3

3 Likes

Unfortunate that the invites have pretty much ceased, im quite interested myself in messing around with it a bunch. Somewhat sucks that it releases in late august to be quite honest as i myself resume my courses on the 26th lol.