WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29

Same happened to me as well. They really need to get their act together if they want players to take them seriously again. This is not looking well for a relatively smooth launch in August. They need to open the beta up and stop gating it to these short windows. They absolutely have to stop catering to the streaming segment of this community and start respecting all players, not someone to give them views and make money for playing a beta test and not actually beta testing anything.

1 Like

Modern problems require modern solutions

1 Like

been on the “logging in to game server” screen for the past 10 minutes :frowning:

1 Like

Still haven’t learned from last week i see, No talking about what is going on or anything from devs. Normal blizzard as always

what does it mean when the server selections says the server is locked, I have access

server is offline now lol. it’s getting pounded

They need to work on error messaging–I got pass the login servers to the game server and into character creation, which of course did not work because the server isn’t online to new logins. I figured this out from my experience with the character creation screen last stress-test, and when I backed out to the selection screen, the greyed-out Enter World button said the world would be available soon.

However, if the world is not available online when you are at the character creation screen, there needs to be an error message when you press Accept on the new character, not a dull ‘boom’ and then nothing happens.

2 Likes

Drama Queen gotcha

Yep. WoW7 is offline. :frowning:

I’m actually worried about that happening. In late Vanilla I was aggravated because I couldn’t find any groups when I needed them as my server population died off (during Burning Crusade too), and I didn’t want to move characters over to other servers just for them to die off too. So I was originally happy about the dungeon finder feature, until it essentially sapped all of the social qualities out of the game.

As much as I want to log in right away when Classic goes live, I think it would be better if I sit back and make sure I get into a server that will be heavily populated, so when I create alts down the road I’ll still be able to run dungeons.

All i have is my WoW1 and then PTR and the Beta & Stress Test: Classic choices

I can’t even make it to the realms screens. Just says there are non available.

your complaints will be valid if this happens when classic officially launches and this is happening. until then, you’re supposed to be stressing out their servers. we’re doing a good job.

3 Likes

Disconnecta craft 2 - logging in boogaloo

At the character select screen now and attempting to make a character. Hitting “Accept” does nothing but that’s a lot more progress.

Alright, you’re clearly not going to respond to the post I made to you, but again, this is not the stress testing they have published wanting to do.

They wanted to stress test players in the starting zones. They’re failing miserably at that, because nobody can log in to the starting zones.

4 Likes

“the world is scheduled to be available soon”
I’m a WoW preborn :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nobody asked for your rationality :stuck_out_tongue:

brb then i guess ill make a coffee and eat some wafers

1 Like

I feel like we’re testing the login servers again, because I’m doing it a lot. When I do get in everything is molasses in an antarctic winter slow.

1 Like

You have absolutely no idea what a stress test is do you?
They’re putting as much traffic through 1 server as possible to see what it’s limits are. You are highly unlikely to get in until they can figure out their breaking point and lock the realm to that number of users, where they will then test how the realm behaves with the maximum number of users connected to it.
As people leave (if they leave) others will be able to take their place.
This is not a “you get to play wow classic beta for free before release” test, this is a “can the servers actually cope with the load” test, which invariably the answer is going to be “no”, but they will make changes to allow more and more users in to the realm with each test, resulting in a better capacity and performance in the final live realms, where they’ll be 55 servers available, instead of just 1.
Also, this test is GLOBAL - everyone in the world that has beta access and stress test access can login to this 1 server at the same time.
When we go live there will be servers broken up by region.

1 Like