WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

Official Blizzard Correspondence–

Dear Adel,

'I don’t care to hear it;. Nope, no way are you going to be let into the closed Beta. Impossible. Not going to happen. How many times do I have to tell you - I can’t let you in! Do you not speak English? Are you a GM in disguise? N-O. NO!

'If I let you in, then I have to let everybody in. Pretty soon your close friends will want in, then their distant relatives, then their friends, and so on and so forth. The last time that happened… well, we won’t talk about the last time it happened.

‘I will NOT let you in Beta!!’

Signed,
P.Bitty

Dear P.Bitty,

S’ok, I’m in the stress tests, so relax!:))

Love,
Adel

ive invested 15 years of my life into this game nothing will change that but i do find no reason to sub when there is nothing to do

1 Like

This is actually awesome! Been watching people playing Classic for a while now and now I can actually relive that nostalgia, even if it is for only 48 hours. Cheers!! :smiley:

1 Like

they are guna find it pretty hard once the lvl cap is raised and 15 man groups start doing stuff if theres not enough players hell i know there are people not even using there key so 100% agree

you dont have to be so mean about it geez they just wants haz fun like the rest of us unfortunately there stress test isnt untill the next one

well id like to say they are right but look at the disaster that is the current expansion with that mind set we just want classic to be perfect cant they see that

Wait:

So it looks like they are going to be testing multiple realms per region in that test.

I’m going to take that to mean(in the larger context of that post) that this test for NA is likewise going to involve multiple realms as well. Rather than trying to cram 50+ layers onto a single realm.

Quick question, is it available to download now or is it still not up?

It is on the same cluster, they also have taken down the Closed Beta realms during the previous stress tests to add the closed beta participants into the number of people stress testing the stress test. Once the focus window closes, the closed beta opens up again.

1 Like

I am surprised at the “escalation” on this stress test, the scale is well beyond anything I even suspected they’d do. But given the likely supply chain involved, they might need 2 months of lead time on certain things. Some of the higher end data center stuff aren’t things you can just order on NewEgg and have on your doorstep the next day.

That said, once they’ve brought the hardware online, there isn’t much point in having it sit idle for 2 months. (Of course, some of it may be getting used for 8.2’s launch)

At this point, I’d not be surprised at the size of the beta growing after the stress test ends. It’s just a question of where they are in regards to the type of bugs and issues they’re looking for at this point.

1 Like

I don’t expect closed beta to add people until after the stress test is over. They’re going to be busy putting out fires related to the stress test. They don’t need to make the Closed Beta explode at the same time, that just adds more misery for everybody.

maybe they will have more then one server …maybe

1 Like

…that’s what he said.

Given some data mining @Marlamin has done … quite possibly.

If Marlamin is correct there’ll be 11 classic realms up for the US stress test.

1 Like

Try in another 11 hours or so. Blog said late on the 18th.

1 Like

Maybe. It may depend on whether they want to focus on how much one server can handle though.

Why America and Oceania specifically?

I’m ready for barrens time friends, can’t wait to see the mess of Horde.

3 Likes

What uif my sub ran out, but i subscribe before the time ?

anyway, i have raid tonight anyway, but i don’t want to miss this.

Also, will the previous characther will be present, or you will start from scratch (not that it matter)

21 according to their latest look.

At 3,000 players per realm/layer, that’s a minimum turnout expectation of about 63,000 players.

Assuming a goal of three layers/realm, that gets things to 189,000 people turning out to stress test. Will be interesting to witness what kinds of explosions they have Wednesday night.