WoW Classic Stress Test Date

Anyone else reminded of Atlas early access launch with all these push backs? Its kind of funny but also annoying as many people that don’t work mon-fri jobs actually did trade shifts to be off for this. Some extreme people even used vacation time.

What they could do is just leave this one alone as planned and do a separate final one a week or w/e later when they are ready. They don’t really lose anything by not canceling it and adding an extra. But I guess they don’t really gain much either aside from making the customers happy so why should they bother.

What push backs? The launch date hasn’t changed, and this Stress Test is literally the only announced date that has changed.

So the stress test for the 18th and 19th wont be happening then, great i even took time off of work for this ugh !!!

Thank you for taking your time and making the game fun and good. At least i know that i will have a good experience in august at release. I would have like very much to have been able to play it before the actual release but at least i know you guys are working hard at it.

Thanks again!

They would be better off doing it during the time of the gift sub. That will likely be a more realistic test IMO.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been on the 18th for weeks…

14 days ago.

2 Likes

Not really. Everyone is just going to resub on the 12th to get into Character Creation. not a big deal.

1 Like

In other words, you don’t want people using their three free days of game time that were just gifted. You want to milk everyone for that $15 sub because you know people will sub just for the test.

The free days expire on July 28. Likely we see the stresstest one week later, which puts it right after the days expire. Super shady.

1 Like

How long is the stress test last for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week?

How do you get the beta client for the stress test? Will it be in the Blizzard Battle Net Laucher when they have the actual date set?

Bet they saw June and not July lol

rofl, why on earth would you take time off for a STRESS TEST?

3 Likes

Agree. This doesn’t feel like a money thing. This feels like a ‘we’re in a bit too deep atm thing’.

1 Like

The Free Days are for you to play BfA. They’re not a gift for any sort of failure on Blizzard’s part. Treating it with venom because their test date slipped is pretty arrogant since those 3 free days were not gifted for a stress test.

Regardless, we haven’t been told if we ever need a sub for the final test. They want it to be big, and they’re only going to get that if they remove the restriction. You’ll have a fair bit of egg if you accuse them of “shady practices” because the free days you were given to play BfA aren’t usable for Classic, and then it turns out you don’t even need them.

Blizzard is a company in the business of making money. People need to be paid for all the work they’re doing on Classic.

You make it sound like they’re a private server trying to profit off the hard work of someone else. They are the producers of the game you are desperate to play. Many of the people on the Classic team are the original developers.

3 Likes

it will be in the battle net app in the drop down menu under LIVE section like this.
live:
WoW
WoW Classic

This is pretty naive of you. Three free days are three free days. If you think for a second that they don’t want the stress test to land at the same time free sub days can be used, you’re kidding yourself. All you have to do is check their history, everything is set up for maximum $ drain for the fans.

There’s a difference between being a business who of course produces a product for money and tactics that take advantage of people. Anywho, good luck with the blinders.

1 Like

Did the email telling you about your 3 free days say “Here, play WoW, do whatever!” or did they say “8.2 is here, use this game time to experience the new content!”

It’s pretty naive to be upset that they would protect their investment. Even so, that isn’t why the test slipped. As mentioned above, there’s been quite a few infrastructure decisions in the last week that changed and now they have to reorganize to account for that in their world wide launch stress test. That takes time and they need to slip the test to get it done.

I believe the test last for three days or the weekend.

[Citation Needed]

Calendar says one day. We don’t even know if the new date will be a Thursday or not.

Writing your name down to check your posts on launch day… :stuck_out_tongue: You sir are popcorn and TIVO worthy… :wink:

1 Like