WoW Classic - Stress Test 1 Ending Info

There was a stress test?
I wasn’t aware.

Wondering what would happen if more ppl r going to be invited into the next stress test.

Maybe it’s just a bug with the stress test right now, I just was really looking foward to being able to hop in and play. I’ve been dying to play the beta (of course I didnt get invited to the close beta ;-;).

I opened a ticket with my Client Log info. I suggest everyone do the same. We NEED a blue post response to this nonsense. False Logins? StressTestScrubs? Are we “lesser” people to this company? I need to know that I didn’t waste my TIME and MONEY in an honest attempt to help this game, only to have it dumped on by the very company I tried to help.

1 Like

I think what it ultimately comes down to is people, and myself, have to understand that it is the start of their beta testing. Following this point, there are other stress tests to come, its not the end of the world and i’m sure that the feedback blizzard is getting currently; from not only the player-base on its forums, but the feedback they got from monitoring the servers alone, they will have a more efficient server system. Hypothetically of course. Therefore, there is a high possibility that the majority of players who were invited to the test will get invited back, and maybe more so! There are many opportunities in the coming months to get into stress tests and help blizzard with Classic. On your point of blizzard coming out to send their regards of the situation that many people found themselves staring at login screens for hours, i would agree with too. But in a way i see their other stress tests as a way of saying, “Hey we know test 1 was not favorable among most, but we now have test 2/3 out, come check it out and test our improvements/new server theory.”

So much salt in these threads. I could open a new mining industry.

2 Likes

The “stresstestscrubs” thing was a joke

The “fake connect” is something that people who are able to successfully connect also have in their logs ("Fake Connect" founds in Client Logs - #43 by Mmoku-tichondrius for example, there are some others on the classic wow subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/brxogk/fake_connects/ )

You can see in the logs others have posted, even people who have the closed beta flag on their accounts have that in their logs as well

edited to add:
the “fake connect” also pops up in this guys’ logs from… 2017…

Unless you think Blizzard was trying to prevent him from logging in too…

4 Likes

thanks for wasting my time

1 Like

Anyone else getting a “world server down” when you log into your character?

2 Likes

Yes, I am getting this as well. I keep trying but the same client log error is happening with time out, so I am thinking that there is something that is not fully resolving in the login that then returns this error due to time out.

It sounds like a lot of people are frustrated, not because they were unable to log in during the stress test (that is understandable in a test like this), but there was the implication that the server would be up for 24h. My email says, “you’ll be able to continue playing on the stress test realm (up to level 5) until Thursday, May 23.” Based on the blue post this is not the case. The Stress Test server is no longer available and will not come back online. Blizz, please correct this if I am wrong.

I can login, and create characters, on the Classic Stress Test realm, but the world servers are down, which does somewhat take me back :slight_smile:

Correction, EK world server is down, Kalimdor is up.

1 Like

Holy **** I just logged in and cut scene

Go to your .wtf file, change the SET Portal from “Test” to “US”. I was able to get in this way.

game world is back up

Sooooooooo many toons

yes, but I kept trying to log in and was finally able to get in after about 15min, im in the world now.

I must be a streamer too!

I get that you’re salty that you didn’t play, but streamers aren’t getting any preferential treatment here. There is no priority queue on the stress test except for the Blizzard devs, and for every streamer on the beta, there’s 50 random people that outnumber them by a long shot.

How are you certain when they did get priority beta invites

This right here!
Next time get bots to test you auth servers and queue functionality rather than telling people they can actually play.