WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test Today at 11:00 a.m. PDT

Good catch, lol. This is 8-10pm for me so not a problem, but only the work from home, unemployed, or on vacation in NA will be able to participate. Not an ideal time for a stress test imo but I can’t complain.

1 Like

And not restrict it to a subscription. If they really wanted a stress test, they would open it to the wider public who are holding out their subscription for launch day.

Can you guys stop complaining about the time? I am in china playing at 2am for this stress test, consider yourself lucky.

6 Likes

Is the stress test going to last 24 hours (hopefully longer) or will it end at 12:01am PST Friday August 9th?

1 Like

I wish these testing hours weren’t during work. Hope it goes smooth though.

1 Like

I would be able to play at 2am as I am home during those hours, I cant play at 2pm because I am at work.

And I’m not complaining as I don’t care if I am playing during those 2 hours, it just doesn’t make sense to do a stress test during a time of day when the majority? of the player base will be working.

But wth do I know.

2 Likes

Well, Blizzard is a company in NA. They are also people (blizzard employees) who work 9-5 jobs in America. So in order to stress test during a day of work, they chose a time of day that platforms well for their schedule and also to find a suitable time where maybe most of the world is playing.

2 Likes

Those poor fishies.

1 Like

Bro those hyperlink timestamps look really bizarre, at least on a desktop

They look fine to me.

please do edit your post for clarification, kaviax
the arrow at the second line where the current time is stated does not obviously translate to until
so it should be edited to say, instead of

I’d initially gotten the impression that you’d wait until 1:00 P.M. PDT to look for issues, and had to look at it for a bit until I’d interpreted the post correctly

4am - 6am here in OZ will probably mean not many oceanic players

Uh, who isn’t at work at 11am?

For those who don’t have your location set , the timestamp is 1800 “Zulu” time, which is 6PM. Just google “Zulu time” to see what it currently is.

Yes, because that time when most people are at work/school or traveling between those will be indicative of thousands of people trying to log on at launch and actually playing.

Blizzards logic confounds me

Maybe because it’s a worldwide stress test.

3 Likes

Seems like Blizz is misreading its audience again. Would have made more sense to stress test NA servers in the evening and separately test European and Oceanic servers at their peak log in times as well.

NA has 3.9 million level 120 characters. EU has 4.5 million. I suspect they are running it when the largest number of people will be free.

3 Likes

This starts at 1 PM my time.
I went in to work at 4 AM my time.

So, it’s me that won’t be at work at 11 AM PST.

I will not be at work on launch day. A lot of people who played Classic are now grown ups with actual jobs. So trying to estimate numbers of launch based off of a test scheduled during work hours is strange.