WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

You got hardware requirements down but the OS requirements might be a let down for some that really want the full experience. On Mac particularly. Latest version or GTFO™. I see why it would be a big headache for the developers but I’m wondering if running Windows 7 on old hardware would be of interest to anyone trying to capture that full nostalgia. Nitpicking here a little perhaps. Just my thoughts. What do you guys think?

I have a geforce gtx 1080 intel h series intel i7 core is this good enough to run wow classic?

1 Like

Just wanted to clarify this.

The Battle.net desktop client (aka the Launcher or BDA) is designed to look for exisiting data when installing new World of Warcraft installs. If it finds appropriate data already downloaded it won’t re-download that data.

So for example in the case that you have classic installed to _classic_beta_ it’ll just copy the data over from your existing classic beta folder.

If it’s installed to _classic_ then it’ll just update that install if necessary.

2 Likes

Nope it should copy the data it needs from that install making your download smaller.

2 Likes

Sorry, you can’t

Maybe more people would stress test if they weren’t all at work during this time.

2 Likes

I never get that why there should be a level cap, given there is only 24 hr lifetime

a little bit disappointed that it will be 1-15 again.

but i guess this keeps level 16 onwards fresh for all ppl who did not play the actual beta.

looking forward to launch guys !!

Let’s hope that the Classic population actually stump up the cash to sub in order to play this time, so we don’t get empty servers again, and the embarrassment of the last stress test.

1 Like

How bizzare, put in for that Friday of last week to do things around the house. Sorry wife, they are not happening :slight_smile:

4 Likes

troll? i will bite!

mh the realm i played last stresstest was grossly overpopulated, i was forced into new layers about 2-3 times.

mobs even for killquests took at a full few respawn timers to be enough, and i was tagging with 5 man grps.

idk, you only need 3-5k acrive players for a healthy realm community. totally satisfied here

Troll, no. Did you play the last stress test when they had to shut down the majority of the initial servers due to lack of popuation?

1 Like

yep, was all playing so i didn’t see much about the things arourd, i might have chosen the one realm that was overpopulated, wasnt shut down till the end :smiley:
13 or sth like that?

Our GLOBAL pre-launch test of WoW Classic will begin on Thursday, August 8 at 11:00 a.m. PDT

What part of “Global” do you not understand? They are accomodating for the entire world and this was the best time they thought would work for mostly everyone. If it doesn’t work out for you specifically, well, tough luck bud
¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

wait but, stilll not rppvp realms wtfs??? This is embarrassing :expressionless:

1 Like

Oh, my. Even with working nights and sleeping in the afternoons/evenings, I may actually be able to help test stress levels this time for at least one hour… maybe even both of the first two if I stretch it. My, my. Looking forward to this!

lol you are thinking of the China division of the company.

1 Like

Why do you guys insist on doing the important stuff in the middle of a work day? It’s a small enough sample size as-is (according to recent polling, most Classic players are no subbed to WoW right now) and this just makes it worse. I can’t participate in the actively monitored part of the test even if I wanted to.

I would guess they choose work hours because that is when THEY are at work.

5 Likes

Why not do the stress test on the weekend since most of your player base is at work at 11am on a Thursday. I don’t get off till 7pm so this means 2-3 hours of play time the first day and maybe the same on Friday. Come on guys you want a real stress test start this Saturday morning at 11am…

1 Like