WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

Waahoo Thanks for the update and all your guys hard work its finally time.

I wonder how stressed the server(s) will be during the middle of a work dayā€¦

9 Likes

I am assuming this means it will end at midnight on August 9th PDT?
IE: The test will be open for 13 hours all up.

Awesome! Thats my lunch break. My 2 hour lunch break that day :wink:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Nah. It usually ends around 1 or 2pm PDT. The last stress test was like that. They will end it in the afternoon with an end of stress test event like they did last time. If they deviated from that scheduling then it wouldnā€™t make a lot of sense since no point in ending a test at midnight.

1 Like

I hope so, because if the latter holds true then the Australian window to run the stress test is 4:00am to 5:00pm on Friday - kinda bad. :neutral_face:

Guess i gotta upgrade my 1080ti to this ā€œnewā€ 8800 GT, that im just hearing about. Silly nvidia and its weird naming schemes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This earlier time period is much better for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why Thursday at 11am? Most people are at work.

Why not just leave it open for a week?

3 Likes

While Iā€™m on vacation, Blizzard!??!

ā€¦

Whoa! Those are some seriously forgiving specs. ā€¦hmmā€¦

Well when you put it that way maybe I can borrow a family memberā€™s laptop and play it on vacation. Iā€™ll happily sacrifice one nightā€™s sleep to play it. Just about any machine you get these days will be suitable.

Worst case scenario Iā€™ll see you lot on the 26th/27th.

Thanks for the update!

Same, so I guess weā€™re good to go then? Weeeee! canā€™t wait.

Will there be no real stress test where you let everyone log in without an active subscription before the chaos that comes August 26th?

3 Likes

I was here.

1 Like

It sucks I know but they (blizzard) also have to work (on this game). So they need people to login when they are at work. We all wish it was on a weekend but that wouldnā€™t be fair to them either. Iā€™m sure they would like to have fun on their days off as well.

4 Likes

Do we get to keep the character for this test when its live? Iā€™m assuming noā€¦?

Couldnā€™t you have purchased a dumb fridge AND a desktop? :laughing:

I kid, of course. Hope to see you there, I canā€™t wait for launch & Iā€™ll be at this stress test FO SHO!!!

@Kaivax, I do wonder about the whole weekday test thing though. I know yā€™all like your weekends, as we all do, but you & the team HAVE to know that the servers will be hammered on the weekends. I really think that for this last one, it should be extended at least until 10:00 a.m. Sunday. Also, what time on Friday will it end?

Iā€™ve got one in the spare bedroom if youā€™ve got the cash! :smiley:

You do realize that a sub is required in order to play at all, right? Why would they open it to people who have no sub for stress testing?

You would be correct in that assumption. It would be great if they changed their minds on that, but always in the past characters from alpha/beta/open beta/stress testing are wiped prior to the game going live. (It WOULD be neat if we got to keep them, considering weā€™re testing the current ā€œliveā€ version, but donā€™t hold your breath.)

what did you just say?

No changes.

2 Likes

Itā€™s crunch timeā€¦lazy programmers need to be locked in their cubicles with leg ironsā€¦no freedom until classic launches!

4 Likes

Everyone knows who these hours cater too. They arenā€™t even trying to hide the fact they favor the streamers who donā€™t need to work because idiots pay to watch them play their game

3 Likes

bummerā€¦ I work that day, not gonna call in sick just for this.

1 Like