WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the update!

i am still wondering this, anyone know?

It looks like it starts at 11 on Thursday and ends at 1 on Friday, not just the time that they monitor it.

Idk I am still confused lol because 11 is in the morning and then 1 is in afternoon(These hours are just ā€œMonitoringā€), but it does not say an end time on friday unless iā€™m totally missin somethin!

Yeah. 11 in the morning on Thursday. So, you can play classic all day on Thursday but it ends at 1 on Friday (so only a few hours of playing classic depending on when you wake up.)

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to updateā€¦time for me to re sub and prepare! Itā€™s been 3 years since Iā€™ve properly subbed. Take my money Blizzard :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

I could have sworn that said 8800 not 6000ā€¦

If you really want to stress the server open it to non-subscribed accounts. I havenā€™t played since WoD.

I agree. imho there wonā€™t be anywhere near the same number of players for this final stress test as there will be on launch day coupled with the fact that ā€œmostā€ people wonā€™t be able to play the first 2 hours, as Blizzard requests, due to work - in the Americas anyway. Why wouldnā€™t Blizzard open this up to anyone, subscriber or not?

Prob not going to play Classic here, but Iā€™ve noticed kind of a rose-colored glasses outlook among Classic Hopefuls. You guys need to remember that what made Classic great was the community itself. While, yes, Classic had some of the best challenging content, itā€™s still how the community bonded together to overcome those challenges that made Classic the good memory it is.

All Iā€™m saying is donā€™t be surprised if it takes awhile for folks to figure that out again. We ainā€™t the same people we were back in the new '00s

1 Like

This is awesome.

what date/time will character name reservation start?.

PS: remember guys this is a game made in 2004 so any pc today will run it with ease. you can run this on Pentium 3/4 era pc. so if you donā€™t have a pc go down to goodwill and buy a pc for $10 and play LOL

Then donā€™t. No gun to your head.

2 Likes

If you donā€™t play, you will never know how much fun you have missed out on. Your loss.

Nobody cares what you think.
But thanks for the unsolicited advice.

1 Like

Thanks for the update ill be there to test the servers for ya.

Iā€™ve heard the bit about ā€˜rose-colored glassesā€™ many times before and it seems a tired cliche. For me, itā€™s all about the combat system and the fact that everything, bandages, potions, food, armor kits, enchants, professions, weapon skills, all have their advantages to consider. For me, itā€™s a game of thinking how to approach this or that situation so you donā€™t die as much. For me, itā€™s not about the community at all and, for others Iā€™ve read/spoken with, itā€™s not just about the community. For you to say that community is the only or principal thing that makes or breaks classic is, imo, simply wrong.

4 Likes

Its everything you stated AND the community. Trade skills all being useful to people, crafted items actually selling on the AH is amazing! Your minor health potions actually sell! The game isnt just a snoozefest to max level then welfare epics. This is the way the game was meant to be played :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If everything in WoW Classic is going to be the same as its fanboys want it to be, then I, too, believe they are wearing rose-colored glasses. Unless, of course, they are masochists. That is because the original release of World of WarCraft was far from perfect and in addition to expansions, there were many patches that made the game more bug-free as well as more player friendly and fun.

Personally, Gridlock, I donā€™t care what you think either. Quit being so rude.