WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

i dont have a classic game under my world of warcraft account on app. i just have ptr and live game for battle for azeroth. i am an active subscriber for over 10 yrs and in good standing as far as a i know.

its been happening to some people that they don’t see the option to install the classic client, there is a workaround but I cant find the post, maybe someone will chime in.

This above mentions “all” - you should be covered

Ironic response is ironic.

1 Like

Because its clearly an inefficient period to gather data from for the purposes mentioned considering the demographics of people that are interested in this game, and its clear that they weren’t approved for overtime. /shrug

When does this end on Friday? 12am PDT? 11:59pm PDT? Etc lol

1 Like

Does this mean it will end at 12:00 AM on Friday? Or will it be up all day on Friday as well?

They haven’t said yet, but the other stress tests typically ran for a good chunk of the next day, just to let people play around for a bit.

Im hoping it carries over to other x-paks im so excited for thism its the only reason i started playing again.

This isn’t a stress test. That’s a key point here. They’re simply confirming that all the plugs are in their sockets for all regions, so if they get 100 people or 100,000 people per region it doesn’t matter.

Also, with so many people going to reserve names on Tuesday, it’s probably a fair bet to say that many will be reactivating their subscription 5 days early to get into the Pre-Launch Test.

That was partly because they began at 2 or 3. They other tests have all bracketed at 24 or 48 hours.

So being as I did the beta testting I don’t have to do anything from the looks of it? And will I have to reload the entire game again before launch or can I use the game from beta testing?

As long as you have the live client installed, you’ll be good to go. The Beta will not work, though if you leave it installed, you may reduce your download requirement.

1 Like

so, a question since were using the actual client it seems, will we be able to keep these characters that are made during pre-launch testing?

No. Because it would a) invalidate name reservation, and b) give you an unfair 15 level advantage.

I have an active wow sub but when i go the desktop up it does not let me download classic. i have the option to download ptr and play bfa but no option to download classic

Right now, Classic is in Disabled mode, probably to stop everyone checking if the servers are up. Hopefully that’ll change in the next day or two.

1 Like

Not sure about that.

I just downloaded classic for the first time about 30 minutes ago. Had not loaded bnet launcher in a couple of months. There was an update then I was able to select classic and download. Even launched via Wow.exe in the directory.

I wonder what is causing others to not download?

Right now, for me, it appears as the Beta did after they adjusted it post Stress Test 1, so that people could uninstall it.

I’m not willing to uninstall it, so I’ll try it on the 2nd PC now. For science.

1 Like

I had to reinstall the battle.net app to get it to appear.