WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

I completely agree they want the people who quit wow and never really came back to come and test it to make sure those people are pleased because in the end of the day that’s how there subscription numbers are going to climb

4 Likes

Dammit BLIZZARD! Right when classes start. UGH!!!

Excited to finally get a release date though…

-_-

1 Like

Exactly, and what does “additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game” mean? Would somebody get picked over because they only had eight days of subbed time? It’s just $15, but why would I pay to have a chance to beta test.

1 Like

This is really bad timing. Friend and I who played vanilla together were going to level together. I was going to take a week off and he’s a High School Math teacher…This is his first week of school. Pretty much kills our plans. Not a very a Classic summer…summer of waiting…Really a Fall release. #disappointment

7 Likes

You choose Aug 27th? really? 1 day after fall semester starts? You know the majority of wow players are in college right? The summer of classic is going to be the fall semester of <3 mil subs.

1 Like

A closed beta open only to retail players.

So… if we don’t want the job of finding bugs and giving feedback limited to people who have either no business or no inclination to do either (retail players), we need to buy a $15 lottery ticket every month.

10 Likes

Not so worried about getting in the Beta, would like to get in there for the character creation date. So I’ll probably resub start of Aug…

3 Likes

Citation needed.

7 Likes

Woot! Omg! Omg! I’l be back with a real response when I can talk!

2 Likes

First stress test is already this month, would like more info on when these invites go out? Should i even resub for this month if passes are already reserved by current subs?

It’s a month before summer ends. Sept 20 is usually the last day of summer

2 Likes

Lol at people actually surprised that Actiblizz would pass up a chance to add a gang of retail subs. You want to help the company test the game and ensure stability? Great, thanks. That’ll be 50 bucks hahaha.

3 Likes

It’s sad, really. If gamers as a whole had more conviction, more self-control, if they could only keep their wallets closed, companies wouldn’t try for despicable cash grabs like making people gamble for beta access.

If you’re not already a subscriber because you like WoW, you should be ashamed of yourself if you’re resubbing for the beta loot box.

14 Likes

That pretty much covers it.

1 Like

Oooouuu boooy.

Thanks!!

Seeya guys! Blood AND thunder!

1 Like

Hello divorce attorney? Yes I’d like to file on August 25th.

**Joking btw

5 Likes

From the start of Classic announcement, it has always been stated that the Classic account is connected to a paying subscription. If you don’t have a paying subscription, then no access to Classic. So, I don’t understand why those who currently are not subscribed are so surprised. Obviously, you want something for nothing, the retail mentality coming through.

4 Likes

I’ve been happily married for 25 years in part because I don’t let my hobbies compete with my family. :slight_smile: There will be time to play later.

3 Likes

See you in the fall for Classic. The beta loot box is unethical as hell. Pay us for a chance to help us QA our product. We have transitioned from Hired QA to using the public as free testing, to now charging people for a Chance to test the game for them. I know this isn’t the fault of the people making classic, it clearly comes from above, but at what point should you have the courage to say “This will hurt us, not help us in the long run”

5 Likes

So “Classic Summer” was a lie.

Cool.

4 Likes