WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

Individuals yeah, myself included. I remember “March Madness” when servers went down for a week. But the community as a whole has had it good far too long and expects special treatment.

Standing in line for TBC at midnight… Some things you just can’t replicate.

3 Likes

Standing in the Gamestop before they “close” to “open” for a midnight launch, and listening to the guy behind you talk about his melee hunter. Having a good chuckle with your friend about it.

Standing outside in the line, congratulating people as they left to go home and install the game. Good times, good times!

5 Likes

You know what I just realized. In the movie he wakes up just to find out he has been asleep for less than hour, with only three months to go. Sound a lot like classic.

1 Like

anyone else find it very coincidental that youtubers and streamers “somehow” get access to beta… sure am jealous

You misspelled intentional.

Yes, some invites are out. I got Beta invite last night at 9:45pm. Server pop is very very low. Only saw 5 others in Valley of Trials while I was there this morning. I have Vanilla Collector’s Edition on my account. It looks and feels original. Very nice. Only noticed 2 bugs, both on character ability mechanics/movement. Level 9 Hunter. Highest lvls were a group 18-21 in Wailing Caverns.

The original post states

Blockquote
Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players

This means Invite or ‘Open’ the Flood Gates?

A stress test isn’t a stress test unless its stressed.

During the 2 day windows, far more of us will be able to play during that 2 day window. Once the window is closed, we’re back to watching streamers.

I was hoping they’d leave it open for the folks who got in. The stress test I’d imagine they’d invite maybe 20-30k people and since they only have two realms online now, they can test that.

But given they only have two realms it’s less likely.

Then it would remain stressed and they’d have no opportunity to fix problems.

Not a streamer watcher really. My version of Streaming was sitting in the same room as friends passing the controller back and forth trying to make it past levels on games like Pitfall and Yars Revenge. Then came Mario Bros and of course Zelda which was the serious ‘streaming’ because that resulted in late nights. We were ‘Real’ gamers because we didn’t have energy drinks… ok I’m becoming my Dad doh!

hands cane over

1 Like

Blizzard we need more beta testers… Cmon

The fact you are referring to is Summer Vacation, not Summer. The younger generation has yet to catch up with permanent facts, not liquid facts that change based on the social norms of the moment.

The permanent fact is Spring/Fall Equinox and Summer/Winter Solstice determine the actual season changes. Social norms say, “Well, MY summer is over on this date, because I can no longer be free day and night, and I now have to be responsible.” That date is not static.

Schools in one state start classes in the 3rd week of Aug., and other states first or second week of Sep. The argument of “MY Summer” cannot be expected to be used, for the same reason when people say “Blizzard sucks because WoW is not catering to MY play style.” Too many ‘MYs’ to cater to. It makes a whole lot more sense to use the permanent calendar events of the Equinox/Solstice.

In the end, none of this even matters. A couple months after the game releases, no one will even remember this thread, because they will either be fully enjoying Classic, or have gone back to retail WoW or whatever game they were playing before.

3 Likes

Are you guys still fighting over the definition of summer?

1 Like

Can you at least post when the waves of invites are going out so we can all stop checking the launcher and our emails every 5 minutes? If the next wave of invites isn’t coming for another month, it would be nice to know.

1 Like

I’d dare say a couple of days after it releases we will all blissfully be playing while the haters have moved on (though 90% of them whine but will still play anyway).

1 Like

Isn’t it in the forum rules that ALL threads must digress into semantics arguments? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the update can’t wait for beta fingers crossed for us all.

1 Like