WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

Nobody is happy about it, everyone saying summer goes into september is just being contrarian and trolling people. They enjoy others being upset.

Or August 27th is summer and I actually believe that due to it being fact. Earlier would obviously be better but I’m not going to lose my mind like some people. I’ve waited years for this, an extra month won’t be that hard as it’s set now

4 Likes

I mean, no one loves that we have to wait three months to play
 but I’d rather wait until August 27th and have a well-tested classic released than get to play it today and be disappointed they didn’t take more time.

3 Likes

The bigger point has little to do with debating summer vs fall. That’s just the cause of their root issue - complaining they don’t have all day and all night to play the game.

Try being in my shoes, or anyone else that isn’t in school. I work Mon-Fri 8 hours a day, every single week of the year. I don’t get three months of the year where I don’t have to be responsible. So instead of whining about it, be thankful you still have more time in the day/week/year to play than anyone who isn’t in school.

7 Likes

There is no technically about it. The seasons are based off the movement of Earth around the sun. It has nothing to do with made up human schedules.

3 Likes

Correct. Thus Spring/Fall Equinox, and Summer/Winter Solstice.

2 Likes

Yeah! Science!

Yes, dear, I know. I teach astronomy, and the summer solstice (start of summer) is June 21. I’m aware. That’s a full TWO MONTHS prior to launch, so when they said we would have a “Classic Summer,” myself and others thought we would get the WHOLE summer
 not the last four weeks. Yes, it is still summer. No, it is not a good thing for me
 I will already have had students for a week at launch. I’m a bit disappointed.

But thank you so much for clearing that up for me, I’m fairly certain I would have been completely and utterly lost without your amazing input. Bless your heart!

1 Like

Guys. Go watch Beta. Quit arguing about meteorological summer.

Feels bad to be a player since Warcraft III and to have had my account subbed for about 90% of the months since this account was created with no Classic beta : /

I even mythic raid on retail, I try to at least play the bad version of the game

1 Like

Is it just NA With beta access?

Nope, EU as well on one unified server.

Just NA and EU, rip oceania.

Why would you ever think we were getting a full summer? No reason to act like that about it. A lot of people on these forums thought summer ended in August who clearly know nothing about Astronomy.

[Citation needed]

Now I’m right there with you that it is absurd for anyone to think they can sue blizzard over a release date. But there is the astronomy calendar and the Meteorological Calendar. Both are valid and can be argued. And plainly put, the vast vast majority of people actually live by the Meteorological calendar. That is how work/school/sports and ALL manner of seasonal activities are scheduled and observed. That is absolute fact.

[citation needed] [additional citation for Classic community needed]

1 Like

Have Beta invites been sent out already?

Anybody ever consider the possibility that Blizz back in November thought they’d have it ready by June or July, but “things happened” and it wasn’t possible to do it. So, they’re maybe not sticking to the spirit of the “summer” thing, but they are sticking to the letter of it, and I congratulate them.

How would we have felt if they’d come out and said , “Um, guys, we miscalculated and we won’t be able to get a good solid playable game until November.” And beyond more whining about it, what difference would it really make? It’s gonna launch when it launches.

And no, I have played for nearly 14 years, have NEVER missed a month subscription and I’ve not gotten a beta invite. Kinda bummed. But it is what it is.

2 Likes

This community is not the same community that used to accept When Its Readyℱ and be ok with it.

2 Likes

Hey some of us are still here. We used to stick through all of the nightmare Tuesday patch launches that took the servers down all day long, on a raid night. Patience can be a good thing, it makes the wait before the launch enjoyable. The people who complain aren’t having as good of a time!

2 Likes