WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

No, but most people don’t think of September as “summer” so when you say “summer” people have certain expectations.

It would be like if Blizzard announced they would release big news about the next WoW expansion and then when they made the announcement it wasn’t actually about the next expansion’s content, but rather that there wouldn’t be one for another 2 years and that BFA had been extended.

This is just unequivocally untrue. If you asked 10,000 random Americans, the vast majority would not be able to tell you about a fall equinox.

Yes they do. Here in the US if you ask anyone when Fall begins they will tell you late September. If they are really knowledgable they will mark the Fall equinox. You watch any weather feature on nightly news and the season start/end days are clearly referenced by the vernal/fall equinoxes and the summer and winter solstices. It is not a strange concept for us here in the US. Just people who wished otherwise for purposes of their game play time.

i think youre all just complaining to complain. classic will be out when its out. and it will be glorious!

dang that NA company for saying it will be released in summer

1 Like

Sadly most Americans are too stupid to know the astronomical event that marks season change. But they do know that late September marks Fall.

“it’s late September and I really should be getting back to school” Maggie May, look it up

If you asked people when summer ends, I guarantee you they will say “the end of august”.

People don’t watch the news either, how old are you?

Too stupid to know a largely irrelevant fact? Now I see who you are.

Just google it. Summer start and end.

Someone significantly more knowledgable than you evidently.

Apparently the fact is quite relevant. Because you didn’t know it, you are pissed off now.

Kind of funny, in a sad way, that you got two responses, neither of which were right lol. At least the second one had the right answer in the quotes.

Note the word OR in this line.

Sounds to me like all you need is game time and a battlenet account that is opted in for classic beta, to have a chance to get into the beta. No one has ever been guaranteed a slot, at least not any regular players.

Ok.

“summer 2019” literally 4 days before September. Oh cool I start nursing school that week, thanks blizz! No idea why everyone seems so happy about that. I was really looking forward to spending a chunk of my summer on it, but nope. Now idk if I’ll even be able to play it at all…

1 Like

Here’s the simple truth of 'When summer ends" - legalese. The judicial system goes by the astronomical calendar. Therefore Blizzard, just like any other company that would advertise something coming out in “Summer”, goes by the same calendar. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant of how lawsuits work.

Short version: “Summer Vacation” typically ends by Aug 31. However, “Summer”, in legal terms, ends at the Fall Equinox.

2 Likes

Why does the judicial system care about season?

Keep reading past that sentence.

Do people really sue if a release date slips?

McD’s cup of coffee (won)
Someone sued God (lost obviously, but the point was proven people can sue for anything they want)

Edit: I fact-checked myself, and this one was sarcasm and din’t actually happen.
The other two did though. Redbull doesn’t actually give you wings (won)

That was actually a valid case. Don’t just wave around that case as a proof of spurious arguments. The company literally had decided to make coffee dangerous so that the drive thru customers had a hot cup of coffee when they arrived at work.

Blizz did all NA (at least the north part where our summer weather is short compared to other parts) a favor. Now we won’t waste an entire summer holed up inside. I want to play Classic as much as the next person but was relieved to see the global release date 8/26-8/27