WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

Which classifiers, outside of “People who are here for Classic not BfA” are you including? I don’t see any in the comment jumps above.

The fact that I casually levelled in BfA shouldn’t mean that my primary focus of Classic is dismissed. That’s the point I’m making. The fact that I didn’t cancel my sub doesn’t make me any less preferring Vanilla or less eager to make it as good as it can be.

I agree that the sub barrier may be a bad plan for getting old players back in to give feedback but the criteria of sub or no sub should be dropped, not flipped.

You win a chance to test beta, Activate your subscription to redeem your chance.

2 Likes

—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

Here’s hoping they are looking at reinforcing servers for release to handle large amounts of players. Reminds me of EVE online preparing their server clusters for massive 3000 player conflicts.

If “words are hard”, reading surely must be harder!

“Your prime targets for beta testing will be people who have played Vanilla, want Vanilla, don’t care for the current game, were strong advocates for a Blizzard re-launch, those who want to go back to Vanilla and those who plan to stay for the long haul.”

Note the “those who plan to stay for the long haul” - this includes everyone since I dileneated Vanilla OG prior.

“you want to get people into a beta that are actually interested, have experience and are willing to provide feedback - you don’t want Joe or Bob at the corner store who could care less who just so happened to tick off a couple of boxes on a web form.”

Again - this is means everyone.

“This is why we have things like questionnaires before betas - so we can aggregate current demographics. There’s plenty of folks who played Vanilla who don’t care for it anymore. That’s not who I’d be looking for or who I’d spend my money on.”

Note here I am excluding folks who played Vanilla who aren’t interested in going back? SHOCKER!

“Your targets aren’t randos for opinion, they are experienced players and those with a high interest for feedback since looking at videos today there’s obviously much that needs to be ironed out.”

You’ll do well to note when I make mention of Vanilla OG and the general player base. I use commas for a reason. They aren’t just a pretty face!

2 Likes

So excited! What a day!

If they gave out a questionaire, the answers for criteria would be :slight_smile:

• I played Vanilla - Everyone.
  • I want Vanilla - Everyone.
  • I plan to stay for the long haul - Everyone.
  • I am interested in helping find bugs - Everyone.
  • I have experience in testing - Everyone.

The demographics they’re using aren’t coming from user submitted answers. They can see which accounts played Vanilla. They can see where users are posting in Forums. They can see how much time people are playing, and did play. They have historical data from previous Betas about how much people submitted tickets etc.

They’ve got a whole pile of the data, and its hard to trust user submitted answers, because as we’ve seen here, there are plenty of people who’ve never played Vanilla who tell us what it was like. (Not including you, account changes happen, but its clear there are many.)

Technically, you are correct. However, for professional educators such as myself, and students of all levels, we will already be back in class at that point, so all that extra time I was hoping to spend on leveling up an awesome toon just went poof

3 Likes

Yet the very context went so far over your head that you dove head first into the willfully obtuse category.

/slow golf clap :facepunch:

I understand the amount of work that goes into a release but can we legitimately reconsider the launch date by even just a week? Your target audience is either working full time or in college. I’m an electrical engineering student. This is the literal day most colleges start their fall semester. I’m going to be so far behind my friends it’s going to probably quadruple the time it’s going to take for me to reach 60 not to mention my lack of self control in official Blizzard server Vanilla rerelease vs homework. Primarily I just know I’ll be so far behind every one I’ve been planning to play with for years. I can’t expect them to wait for me. Everyone is just as excited as each other. Just give us students and parents a week before school to get a hearty grind in so I’m not going absolute ape$*** in physics one hour after release.

1 Like

You’re acting like an entitled brat. If that’s how you act about everything, please don’t play Classic and muddy the playerbase with your immature attitude.

What were you people planning on doing once school started, anyway? Just playing during breaks? Hopping on a night or two a week to squeeze in a dungeon? Classic isn’t being made for that; if you wanna be casual and play catch-up every other month, don’t expect Classic to be your cup of tea. You’ll wanna stick to retail.

lol at everyone crying about beta participant requirements and launch date. classic is already such a smack in the face to all the kiddos wanting hand outs. :joy: keep up the good work blizz

never got a beta invite for any expansion!!! D: plz let this be the one

1 Like

Um… I was a teacher when I first started, and I’m still a teacher. Surprise!! I’ve been teaching for over 20 years!! I’m not whining, and I’m not acting entitled. I’m disappointed. Have you ever been disappointed about anything? I’m one of those people who don’t mind voicing my disappointment. I will still play for an hour or so every night, JUST LIKE I DID BEFORE! I was NEVER a hard core player. And surprisingly, I never griped about it.

I couldn’t join a raiding guild, so I created a regular group of people who went twice a week to Molten Core… yes, a PUG for 40-man MC. I did it before, I can do it again.

You are being a jerk. Stay safe, and have a blessed day.

3 Likes

Does my account need to be active to be optd into beta

Definitely.

You need to have game time running on the account.

But to even be accepted into the beta does the subscription need to be active.

As far as my reading, yes, but others interpreted it differently.

That said, the beta spots will be fairly limited. Do you really want them to have to choose between someone giving them money and someone not giving them money but promising “I will!” all things being equal?

I’ve been subscribed since the last BlizzCon. I think I’ve probably spent all of maybe 4 days /played since then, if that. Most of that was spent running dailies(while redoing the old world, post-Cataclysm, Loremastery as a level 85), then going for Loremaster in MoP and WoD before running out of steam(still haven’t finished with WoD). The biggest thing that drove the resub and kept it going was ClassicWoW, the lore masteries were just to recover some additional value from it… That and I’m a lore-junkie.

Active sub != an account that is being played.

For me the “cash grab” was actually the need for an active account 2 weeks before release to reserve character names. The “Beta Loot Box lottery” is a side issue.

1 Like

Sever queues and free character migrations.