WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

First wave, yes. Invites tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks Elf friend. This is exciting news

Bull.

There are many active players waiting for Classic. You’re not more important.

1 Like

You dont they are only giving a small amount of people a beta inv meaning. ONLY STREAMERS get a inv.

1 Like

well, i’m not real good at math but 24 hours equals 1 day played so 151 x 24 = 3624 hours of play time ( to be greater than 150 days played) if you do a /played against your existing client it will tell you how many days played…
It will not tell you how many of those days were played in which patch though. I stopped playing during cataclysm as it just sucked. The last good expansion was WotLK and the best game was TBC imo.

Where are we getting this criteria of needing to have played x time?

Well, perhaps I misunderstood you saying ‘ONLY 150 days’. To me that sounds like you don’t think that’s a lot of time in 2 years. The math works out to be averaging 5 hours logged in to the game every single day for two years. I’m pretty sure that’s rare.

Its not criteria to reach. They said they’ll aim for a mix of players with one of the metrics being how long you’d subbed.

We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

1 Like

Olay thanks! I was wondering if in game play time matteres for individual toons. Heck i have been subbed in anticipation of the beta, but one of my toons from vanilla alone has 76 days played on him alone lmao

I don’t to add up my 3 main characters. It was already 522 days by Wrath.

But no, they will choose groups of players to get a mix of sub lengths.

2 Likes

Sounds like you won’t have time to waste on games.

1 Like

Quote me where I say any of this.

I’ll run this by you again so you understand since you didn’t get it the first time:

Your prime targets for beta testing will be people who have played Vanilla, want Vanilla, don’t care for the current game, were strong advocates for a Blizzard re-launch, those who want to go back to Vanilla and those who plan to stay for the long haul.

Popping off betas on BFA randos who might not be interested is probably not the best solution.

From a dev whose shipped games on PS4, Xbox and PC (me) to a non-dev (you), you want to get people into a beta that are actually interested, have experience and are willing to provide feedback - you don’t want Joe or Bob at the corner store who could care less who just so happened to tick off a couple of boxes on a web form.

This is why we have things like questionnaires before betas - so we can aggregate current demographics. There’s plenty of folks who played Vanilla who don’t care for it anymore. That’s not who I’d be looking for or who I’d spend my money on.

This isn’t a focus test for mechanics and systems where you’d want both experienced players and randos - this is a beta for a game re-release we already know everything about. Your targets aren’t randos for opinion, they are experienced players and those with a high interest for feedback since looking at videos today there’s obviously much that needs to be ironed out.

2 Likes

While I understand the concern, the argument that only “BFA randos” will test this is false. There are plenty of us who want Classic, while still being subbed to Retail. It may be more nostalgia that I keep doing the lore-elements of each expansion, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less qualified than you to review something that I was a part of way back in 2004-2006.

Don’t make gross generalizations and we won’t.

For example, your account has none of the indicators of being active during Vanilla. No L60 titles. No 2008 instant achievements etc. So I could generalize and say you never played Vanilla, so clearly you’re a Private Server player. I might be wrong. It would be a generalization.

And therein lies the issue.

There are many good Retail subscribed players who were there in Vanilla, who are still subbed, and may get Beta access. Who are you to claim that you are

since you never (as far as we can tell) played Vanilla.

You’re clearly dismissing retail players.

1 Like

how can you tell by achievements? Where do you find that in a forum ID? Didn’t those start in WotLK and if you never played WotLK or later you wouldn’t have those?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moon-guard/eloraell/achievements/legacy/player-vs-player

The simplest method is to look for any of the Vanilla-only titles.

Earned the title, “Sergeant” at level 60.

You can’t have earned that in TBC or later.

Also, the Achivements system came out in the 3.0 pre-patch, in 2008. If people’s legacy achievements or their earliest normal achivements aren’t in 2008, then they pretty much weren’t playing during Vanilla or TBC.

Blizzard Aug 27, Tool Aug 30, and yes the Avalanche. Enough content for a lifetime. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Ecstasy Of Gold.

i switched to my vanilla main and saw them, but thanks for the information.

2nd account. 1st got lost to the ether after Vanilla. Came back to tour with a friend with a 2nd. Played through closed and open beta in 2004 to TBC.

Also, nowhere am I saying they will only invite BFA randos. I’m saying that Blizz should look to get MORE than just the current sub audience - especially those with high interest, previous experience, etc.

I’ve already said in prior threads I wouldn’t play the beta much since I’m waiting to pop that cork at launch and don’t want to sink time into the game so this isn’t voicing opinion for me. I’ve got other stuff to do before then.

If you’re failing to see why the PRIME target for a beta should have the classifiers I mentioned, that’s on you.

As a dev - they would get first dibs, followed by everyone else after we’ve had a saturation of the target audience. Again, if you fail to see how a re-release isn’t a focus test for a new game, I shouldn’t have to explain it again.

This is great but I still want a RP-PvP server